Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-07-2019, 10:09 AM   #211
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
You need a cross build of binutils (i.e., your objdump needs to target arm).

Or a native arm build and running it on the device.

I ship one in KoboStuff (both binutils & elfutils) .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 12:31 PM   #212
sekazi
Enthusiast
sekazi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
You need a cross build of binutils (i.e., your objdump needs to target arm).

Or a native arm build and running it on the device.

I ship one in KoboStuff (both binutils & elfutils) .
Thanks for the info. I installed KoboStuff and will see if I can figure it out tonight.
sekazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2019, 05:29 AM   #213
nicopilami
Enthusiast
nicopilami began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Exclamation

this post was a mistake.
@Admins : can you please delete it ?

Thanks
Nico

Last edited by nicopilami; 03-12-2019 at 08:07 AM.
nicopilami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 09:35 PM   #214
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Patches for 4.13.12638 are out: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=316391
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 06:30 AM   #215
Sonofrobot
Connoisseur
Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kobo Forma
This might not even be possible but one thing I miss from Kindle is the ability to view the length of a book in the library. It would show the length as a bar next to the title giving me an idea of how long the book was. This would be an awesome feature if it could be incorporated into the Kobo software. Being able to sort by length would be pretty neat too!
Sonofrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2019, 06:52 AM   #216
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofrobot View Post
This might not even be possible but one thing I miss from Kindle is the ability to view the length of a book in the library. It would show the length as a bar next to the title giving me an idea of how long the book was. This would be an awesome feature if it could be incorporated into the Kobo software. Being able to sort by length would be pretty neat too!
Sorting by length I think it would be complicated (it's not configuration but development). You can, however, send the number of pages of the book as subtitle, and then you can see it in the library.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 07:45 AM   #217
Sonofrobot
Connoisseur
Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Sorting by length I think it would be complicated (it's not configuration but development). You can, however, send the number of pages of the book as subtitle, and then you can see it in the library.
That would work. I found this handy little tool to pull the page numbers and word counts from books to put into custom columns.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=134000

I figured out how to get the data into the library. Thanks for the guidance!

Last edited by Sonofrobot; 04-04-2019 at 08:58 AM.
Sonofrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 11:45 AM   #218
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofrobot View Post
That would work. I found this handy little tool to pull the page numbers and word counts from books to put into custom columns.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=134000

I figured out how to get the data into the library. Thanks for the guidance!
You're welcome. It has been easy because I do the same due to the same reason and I miss this option too
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 04:28 PM   #219
Marco77
Connoisseur
Marco77 can illuminate an eclipseMarco77 can illuminate an eclipseMarco77 can illuminate an eclipseMarco77 can illuminate an eclipseMarco77 can illuminate an eclipseMarco77 can illuminate an eclipseMarco77 can illuminate an eclipseMarco77 can illuminate an eclipseMarco77 can illuminate an eclipseMarco77 can illuminate an eclipseMarco77 can illuminate an eclipse

Device: PW3, Clara HD, PB740
Hello,
I'm not sure if it's possible, my request is to customize the library view so that rows of 'Finished' books have a darker background, and 'started' another, lighter one, while 'unread" ones remain with a white one.

Also, would you happen to have a 'representation' of the "QML" tree, something like HTML markup? It would make writing selector rules a bit easier.
Marco77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 05:39 AM   #220
cdny
cdny began at the beginning.

Device: kobo forma
Is possible like ePubs have the function in KePubs?
-Default ePub serif font (Amasis)
-Default ePub sans-serif font (Gill Sans)
cdny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 08:10 AM   #221
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco77 View Post
Hello,
I'm not sure if it's possible, my request is to customize the library view so that rows of 'Finished' books have a darker background, and 'started' another, lighter one, while 'unread" ones remain with a white one.
No, I don't think it's currently possible, although there's one thing I might try.

As for the QML tree, it isn't feasible to extract it at the moment.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 09:02 AM   #222
desterly
Enthusiast
desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: KV,Kobo Forma
Few items I'd love to see that I didn't (although might have missed it in some searches)

1) Default sort order to "series" - I've played around with a few settings in the config file but it still always defaults to "recent" instead. I believe I tracked down where it's set and might make a patch for it but hoped there'd be a setting for it.

2) Default "Home" to go to "My Books" or "Collection". Either that or re-sort the menus so those are at the top.

3) Shrink Header/Footer height. Both my wife and I like to see it but having it be 3-4 columns high when there's only 1 column of information... At first glance it looks like the height of these is set so when the menu's show it's not covering the book so not sure if that one is possible.

4) Ability to customize the footer/header information. I like the footer to show pages left in the chapter but I miss the % read showing as well (like on the kindle). Be nice to be able to add more options to show on the footer.
desterly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 08:39 AM   #223
asettico
asettico began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE
A couple of fixes in libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml (and kudos!)

Hello geek1011,
first of all, really thanks for your great job! As this is my very first post, kudos are mandatory.

And, as my first contribute, in the attachment you can find two fixes of libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml, referred to these patches:
  1. Custom Sleep/Power-off timeouts
    Also the text "30 mins" is present both in find and replace, so I increased the offset, otherwise if shows the sequence 10, 20, 1 hour, 30, 2, 4.
  2. Dictionary, remove long winded closest match notification
    If the argument %1 is not used, %2 still get the first value.

HTH
Attached Files
File Type: txt libnickel.so.1.0.0-fix.yaml.patch.txt (1.4 KB, 204 views)
asettico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 09:16 AM   #224
asettico
asettico began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE
Always use "Set slide to unlock"

Hello geek1011,
I have a request now.

I like the patch "Set slide to unlock", but I noticed that it works only when the reader is waken up using the power button and not when the cover is opened.
Is it possible to enable the swipe request even in this case?

I use a cover that can be folded to become a lectern, but when I carry the reader in my bag, sometimes the cover moves, waking the device up and draining the battery.

Thanks in advance for any information.
asettico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 09:32 AM   #225
desterly
Enthusiast
desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: KV,Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by asettico View Post
Hello geek1011,
I have a request now.

I like the patch "Set slide to unlock", but I noticed that it works only when the reader is waken up using the power button and not when the cover is opened.
Is it possible to enable the swipe request even in this case?

I use a cover that can be folded to become a lectern, but when I carry the reader in my bag, sometimes the cover moves, waking the device up and draining the battery.

Thanks in advance for any information.
This is a sleep cover yes? I know on the forma even without the patch waking from the sleep cover never shows the slide to unlock. The Slide to unlock was ONLY with the power button.

EDIT: Re-read your post... you are looking for the opposite functionality. you want it to ALWAYS show the slide to unlock. The current patch is to just patch out the "If power button, slide to unlock" which also can be set from a config file preference.

Last edited by desterly; 05-09-2019 at 09:35 AM.
desterly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patches, patching, request, requests