Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 04:41 PM   #1
zacclay
zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo N647
Need help with Kobo Original with WiFi (N647)

*tl;dr*: I need an original Kobo SD card image, and all the links are dead.

Hello,

I have spent the past 2 hours or so reading through a ton of posts on this forum because I wanted to make sure I couldn't find what I was looking for before posting.

Here's the problem. I got the google drive hack to work on my Kobo Original with WiFi (N647) for a while. Then it stopped working.

I did a factory reset a few times, and it never worked again, and kept creating the .grive-sync on the kobo, even after the factory reset. I guessed

So, I got the brilliant idea to try to upgrade the firmware to 1.9.16 from this thread

Bad Idea! So, now the kobo sits on the loading screen.

I have tried every kind of reset, the paper clip, paper clip plus dpad, power, power plus home, etc. nothing worked.

I think I can do an recovery from an SD card using this method: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=111181

And I all I need is an SD card image I can use, the problem is all the links are dead:
the 1.4 links: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94133
and the 1.8 link: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=111475
are all dead

So if anyone knows another way to get it out of this loop or if anyone has an sd image laying around somewhere, please let me know!

Thanks so much!

Last edited by zacclay; 08-28-2013 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Wanted to change title.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #2
zacclay
zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

KevinShort helped me out in another thread, thanks! This forum is awesome!

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...56#post2606256
Advert
Old 08-21-2015, 09:11 AM   #3
bao007
bao007 began at the beginning.

Device: N647 Kobo Original Wifi
Hi ive got the same problem, do you think you could send me the firmware for N647?

thx!
Old 08-21-2015, 09:50 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent
Old 03-02-2016, 03:17 PM   #5
ga.ar
ga.ar began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO N647B
same problem

davidfor, please sent it to me too. Thanks
Advert
Old 03-02-2016, 05:44 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 05-08-2016, 12:38 PM   #7
sirex89
sirex89 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo wifi (n647)
Could I also get a copy, my used ereader (n647) was working great until it decided to do this update. now the updating software screen every time I turn it on and no books. Thank you in advance.
Old 05-08-2016, 07:29 PM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 05-18-2016, 07:38 PM   #9
canuckles
canuckles began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo n647
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex89 View Post
Could I also get a copy, my used ereader (n647) was working great until it decided to do this update. now the updating software screen every time I turn it on and no books. Thank you in advance.
I also have this exact problem I would really really apreciate a copy of this also.
Thank You Thank You
Old 05-18-2016, 07:42 PM   #10
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:27 PM   #11
Movemberr
Movemberr began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM sent.
Hi david,

I have the same problem. Would you be able to sent the link to me?

Thanks alot.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:14 PM   #12
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent in response to the PM sent to me.

Please everyone, one request in the appropriate thread and wait a reasonable amount of time before prompting again.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:15 AM   #13
canuckles
canuckles began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo n647
Thanks for the help David.
I tried using the procedure you referred me to for installing the new firmware but the links to the programs used were dead...
Has anyone had success installing this firmware ?
I also tried putting the kobo in USB upgrade mode by holding menu button on reboot, but the zip file won't fit into the 200mb koboupgrade folder.
Also tried putting zip in SD card and holding down the middle of directional pad to boot from SD card ..that still didn't work.. I am almost ready to give up
But my wife really misses her kobo..so anyone that can help ..I would really appreciate it.
Thanks,
Old 05-20-2016, 10:34 AM   #14
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckles View Post
Thanks for the help David.
I tried using the procedure you referred me to for installing the new firmware but the links to the programs used were dead...
Has anyone had success installing this firmware ?
I also tried putting the kobo in USB upgrade mode by holding menu button on reboot, but the zip file won't fit into the 200mb koboupgrade folder.
Also tried putting zip in SD card and holding down the middle of directional pad to boot from SD card ..that still didn't work.. I am almost ready to give up
But my wife really misses her kobo..so anyone that can help ..I would really appreciate it.
The file is a disk image. You have to unpack it and then write it to the internal SD card. That means you have to remove the SD card from the device and mount it in a PC. Someone did mention recently that the links for the software mentioned had changed, but it a search of the names mentioned should find them. But, the link image writer mentioned can be found at the bottom of https://www.vconsole.com/download.
Old 05-23-2016, 03:33 PM   #15
GMX
GMX began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Ereader wifi
Please, help. The same problem. Kobo Ereader wifi (n647) doesn't show any books. When connecting to PC, there're no folders starting with '.', like '.kobo' etc.
Also it doesn't connect to the store by wifi. And Kobo Desktop doesn't see it.
I can make it show kobo_upgrade partition by pressing menu+power. But don't know what to put in this folder.
Closed Thread