Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-19-2019, 09:07 AM   #1
tomul
tomul began at the beginning.

Device: none
specially designed apps for e-ink-displays

Hi,

I really love my Boox Max! Unfortunately some Apps are drawn in greyscale and animated in a way, a slow e-ink-display can't handle smoothly.

To my surprise Zubersoft released their app "MobileSheetsPro" in a optimised version that they coded in cooperation with Ereader Store.
This version runs fast! No animation! Note-taking is even faster than the built in Onyx note app.

I ask myself, if there are similar e-ink-optimised apps for my Boox Max. Does anyone know them? Is there any E-Ink-Appstore?

Thanks for help!
tomul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 11:07 AM   #2
dkccerbero
Connoisseur
dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Note2
Hi, I've installed the firmware 1.9.1 for my N96ml carta+ and comes with a optimized playstore. I didn't try it but is there! You must search in this forum for a correct link. It is in the international webpage of onyx for now, you must enter in the chinese version (and try to use google translator). I am not advanced user, follow my instincts and this forum and worked lol
dkccerbero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 03:37 AM   #3
helen19770707
Connoisseur
helen19770707 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx C67 kindle Onyx Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkccerbero View Post
Hi, I've installed the firmware 1.9.1 for my N96ml carta+ and comes with a optimized playstore. I didn't try it but is there! You must search in this forum for a correct link. It is in the international webpage of onyx for now, you must enter in the chinese version (and try to use google translator). I am not advanced user, follow my instincts and this forum and worked lol
Here is the link.I have downloaded the latest firmware here.
helen19770707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 03:41 AM   #4
helen19770707
Connoisseur
helen19770707 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx C67 kindle Onyx Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomul View Post
Hi,

I really love my Boox Max! Unfortunately some Apps are drawn in greyscale and animated in a way, a slow e-ink-display can't handle smoothly.

To my surprise Zubersoft released their app "MobileSheetsPro" in a optimised version that they coded in cooperation with Ereader Store.
This version runs fast! No animation! Note-taking is even faster than the built in Onyx note app.

I ask myself, if there are similar e-ink-optimised apps for my Boox Max. Does anyone know them? Is there any E-Ink-Appstore?

Thanks for help!
I'd like to have a try at first. It seems that this App is typically for musicians.
helen19770707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 04:31 AM   #5
Bob Willis
Enthusiast
Bob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle, IPAD Pro, Boox Note
I hope that more specially designed Apps would be available later for us. The E-ink screen really ease the eye strain.
Bob Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 03:12 AM   #6
tomul

Quote:
Originally Posted by helen19770707 View Post
I'd like to have a try at first. It seems that this App is typically for musicians.
MobileSheetsPro is a sheet music organizer.
You can download a trial here:

https://zubersoft.onfastspring.com/
Old 03-21-2019, 04:58 AM   #7
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic
fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ONYX M96
Warning: if you install 1.9.1 from China you are gonna lost the Google Play store
fbrzvnrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:04 AM   #8
MrE
MrE began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note Pro
I installed the KOReader app, which is a nice additional reader for all sorts of formats.

You can either install the .apk directly from http://koreader.rocks/, or install F-Droid as an additional repository and get it from there.
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 10:14 PM   #9
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
librera pro with eink skin
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 04:41 AM   #10
tomul

Thanks for the hints! I'll try these apps later.