Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-25-2024, 11:13 PM   #1
emonti8384
browneyedgurl
emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505/950x2, PRS-600 silver, Galaxy III purple, T2 black
Question Library books not displaying on Kobo Libre

I get email notifications that a book I have a hold on is ready to be borrowed. Usually I check my emails from my phone. I'll follow the link to the holds section and borrow them right then; however, sometimes when I start my Libre the books I've checked out don't show up. I'll go to my holds & they'll show up there, but they're still on hold & there is no option to borrow the book from there. When I get back on my phone & look at my Clevnet account it shows they are checked out.

Where do I go from here? How do I get my Libre to sync up so the books I've checked out are displayed? I also haven't figured out how to get my previously owned books onto the Libre either. When I run Calibre & plug in the ereader the device never shows up within Calibre.
emonti8384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 12:17 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by emonti8384 View Post
I also haven't figured out how to get my previously owned books onto the Libre either. When I run Calibre & plug in the ereader the device never shows up within Calibre.
What version of Calibre do you use? Does your computer recognize the Libra?
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2024, 01:13 AM   #3
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
I get email notifications that a book I have a hold on is ready to be borrowed. Usually I check my emails from my phone. I'll follow the link to the holds section and borrow them right then; however, sometimes when I start my Libre the books I've checked out don't show up.
Have you synced your Kobo?
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 08:51 AM   #4
Tawn
Connoisseur
Tawn began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Where do I go from here? How do I get my Libre to sync up so the books I've checked out are displayed? I also haven't figured out how to get my previously owned books onto the Libre either. When I run Calibre & plug in the ereader the device never shows up within Calibre.
Assuming you are using Overdrive, try this:
1. Sync your kobo
2. Restart the kobo
3. Sync again

I don't use Calibre, so can't help with that.
Tawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 09:01 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawn View Post
Assuming you are using Overdrive, try this:
1. Sync your kobo
2. Restart the kobo
3. Sync again

I don't use Calibre, so can't help with that.
Heresy!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2024, 01:44 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Does the Libra 2 show as a removable drive? If your computer does not detect and mount the Libra 2, calibre will not be able to see it.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 01:51 AM   #7
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Quote:
I get email notifications that a book I have a hold on is ready to be borrowed. Usually I check my emails from my phone. I'll follow the link to the holds section and borrow them right then; however, sometimes when I start my Libre the books I've checked out don't show up. I'll go to my holds & they'll show up there, but they're still on hold & there is no option to borrow the book from there. When I get back on my phone & look at my Clevnet account it shows they are checked out.

Did you try signing out of Overdrive on your Kobo, then signing back in? That helped me in the past when there were odd sync issues.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote