Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What is your Covid vaccination status?
I’m fully vaccinated and it’s been over two weeks. 55 63.95%
I’m fully vaccinated but it’s been less than two weeks. 9 10.47%
I’ve had my first shot of two. 12 13.95%
My first shot is scheduled. 1 1.16%
I’m qualified, but I haven’t been able to schedule a shot yet. 1 1.16%
I’ve not yet qualified or it’s not available here yet. 3 3.49%
I’m still undecided. 2 2.33%
I won’t be getting it because of contraindications 1 1.16%
I won’t be getting it for some non-medical reason 2 2.33%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2021, 06:19 PM   #76
Raptwithal
Connoisseur
Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle now; changing soon...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I feel sorry for those you may come close too in your unvaccinated arrogance.

As for the science changing to fit political agendas? Around here, it would appear that the provincial health officer changes policies based on newer data. That is the basic difference between science and dogmatism—scientists are supposed to base their conclusions on available data while dogmatists repeat their opinions without needing any supporting data (and often in light of data suggesting their opinion is incorrect).

"A Bible! A Bible! We have got a Bible, and there cannot be any more Bible."—Joseph Smith

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead”—Thomas Paine

The second phrase is the one that I often think of in connection with Donald J. Trump.
I'm speechless.
Old 07-01-2021, 06:23 PM   #77
Raptwithal
Connoisseur
Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Are you as stupid as you sound or are you trying hard to achieve a level of callousness that would astound a gulag commandant?

I'm almost certain that the parents/guardians/whatever of the hundreds of children who have died in the US since last March would consider COVID-19 to more than "just an inconvenience".

Perhaps this article from the Washington Post from 2021-Feb-21: The youngest victims of a national calamity, and the people they left behind

They also included a quote from Donald Trump made the same day that Gigi Morse aged 6 died from COVID-19: President Donald Trump said that children “are almost immune from this disease. … They don’t have a problem.” As the article mentioned, at that time, 271 children had died.
You read The Washington Post. Not a credible source of information.
Advert
Old 07-01-2021, 06:41 PM   #78
Raptwithal
Connoisseur

I thought this thread was under Religion and Politics. But it is under the "Lounge" category where politics are not allowed. I don't want to be cast out for breaking the rules. For DNSB from Dr. Fauci's organization:

Note: These "facts," if they can be trusted, include people who have co-morbidities (e.g., obesity)

-- For those under age 20, the infection fatality risk is equivalent to driving a car for 7,500 miles.

-- Those under age 50 who get infected with the coronavirus lose less than one day of discounted quality-adjusted life expectancy.

Based on this, if I were a 19-year-old and someone asked me, "Over the next six months, which would you rather? Test positive for Covid or drive 10,000 miles?" The correct answer (especially for a person with no co-morbidities) would be: Test positive for covid. Because for the 19YO, covid would be a much safer bet.

Last edited by Raptwithal; 07-01-2021 at 06:49 PM.
Old 07-01-2021, 06:53 PM   #79
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptwithal View Post
You read The Washington Post. Not a credible source of information.
What are you finding not credible? That children can and do die from COVID-19? That Donald Trump was not the source of that incredibly insensitive quote? If you want to dig through the CDC's site, you can find even more numbers on the number of children who have died from COVID-19. As for the quote from Donald Trump, see the Youtube link below. Or if you are a glutton for punishment, you can sit through the 53 minutes on Fox and Friends from Aug. 5, 2020

Are you also a flat earther? A creationist? A believer that Donald Trump actually won the last presidential election? A similarly mindless kind of science denier?
Old 07-01-2021, 06:55 PM   #80
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I notice that Raptwithal is also completely ignoring that those who survive COVID often end up with long-term CFS-like symptoms.
Advert
Old 07-01-2021, 06:56 PM   #81
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:

-- For those under age 20, the infection fatality risk is equivalent to driving a car for 7,500 miles.

-- Those under age 50 who get infected with the coronavirus lose less than one day of discounted quality-adjusted life expectancy.

Based on this, if I were a 19-year-old and someone asked me, "Over the next six months, which would you rather? Test positive for Covid or drive 10,000 miles?" The correct answer (especially for a person with no co-morbidities) would be: Test positive for covid. Because for the 19YO, covid would be a much safer bet.
The problem is that those young and healthy people spread the virus to their elderly and/or ill and/or disabled friends, family members and relatives. Who can die when they catch Covid.
Old 07-01-2021, 07:16 PM   #82
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:

Hmmm... using the 2020 number of 1.37 fatalities per 100 million miles driven and doing the math comes up with a death rate per 7500 miles of 0.010%. Given the CDC numbers when crunched show the death rate for children from 0 to 17 who contract COVID-19 to be approximately 0.2%, I'd say the risk is more like driving 150,000 miles. The exact quote was "about 0.2 per cent of patients under the age of 17 have died"

As one quote ran, you are more liable to die in a traffic accident going to and returning from your COVID-19 vaccination that from side effects of the vaccine.
Old 07-01-2021, 07:30 PM   #83
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
The problem is that those young and healthy people spread the virus to their elderly and/or ill and/or disabled friends, family members and relatives. Who can die when they catch Covid.
Considering that they said "a person with no co-morbidities," I'm supposing they're considered acceptable losses.
Old 07-01-2021, 08:27 PM   #84
Camellia
She / Her
Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Dang, 90-some percent of respondents said that they were vaxed or will be vaxed about as soon as they can. Really? Pretty compliant volunteer group, I'd say, for a very, very experimental medication.
All of the major vaccines have been tested and are absolutely not experimental medication. Please don't spread falsehoods.
Old 07-01-2021, 08:29 PM   #85
arjaybe
Wizard
arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Oh boy, another one. I wonder what their reply count will be.
Old 07-02-2021, 04:40 AM   #86
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I'm not going to try to unpick the political posts, so I'm just closing this thread.

Closed Thread