Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What is your Covid vaccination status?
I’m fully vaccinated and it’s been over two weeks. 55 63.95%
I’m fully vaccinated but it’s been less than two weeks. 9 10.47%
I’ve had my first shot of two. 12 13.95%
My first shot is scheduled. 1 1.16%
I’m qualified, but I haven’t been able to schedule a shot yet. 1 1.16%
I’ve not yet qualified or it’s not available here yet. 3 3.49%
I’m still undecided. 2 2.33%
I won’t be getting it because of contraindications 1 1.16%
I won’t be getting it for some non-medical reason 2 2.33%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2021, 10:27 AM   #46
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Moderator Notice
This discussion is now coming close to Religious and/or Political topics (e.g. the nature of truth and the place for debate about 'facts' in the modern world.)

Further posts in this thread (which is in the Lounge) that are headed in that direction will be deleted without notice.
Old 06-25-2021, 02:08 AM   #47
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thasaidon View Post
With regard to my own vaccination, I know in the past people receiving some vaccines that the medical advise was not to be around immune compromised people for a timr. It may be the case that this advice is no longer valid so I am getting medical advice to check.
Excellent, I'm very glad. To the best of my knowledge, there is not a single live COVID vaccine in existence or in development. Vaccination is very strongly recommended for anyone immunocompromised or who spends time around immunocompromised people. My best wishes to your wife.
Advert
Old 06-27-2021, 02:46 AM   #48
jonesyb
Enthusiast
jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: kindle
Currently living in Turkey and about to become a resident, so I will be able to be included in their vaccination program. They have made great progress with it here. You can get an appointment scheduled very quickly. There is the choice of sinovac and pfizer, and you can choose which you have. I personally don't mind which in terms of the vaccine, but I will choose pfizer because it will be better for international travel.
Old 06-27-2021, 09:47 AM   #49
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I got a cheese sample in Whole Foods on Friday and a rum sample at the liquor store yesterday. It had been 15 months+ since my last food/drink samples; obviously the pandemic is over.
Old 06-27-2021, 01:18 PM   #50
guanaco
Recovering reader
guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Vaccinated 6 weeks ago with CanSino (1 shot). My wife had the first shot of Pfizer and still waiting for the second.

Our status:
+ Still staying at home
+ Still wearing a mask
Advert
Old 06-27-2021, 02:27 PM   #51
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
I got my first shot on June 3rd, Sputnik V. In Argentina we currently have Sputnik V, Astra-Zeneca and Sinopharm. You get what is available when you are called.
Waiting for the 2nd shot, hopefully in a month or so...
Old 06-28-2021, 08:12 PM   #52
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
My second shot of Pfizer is scheduled for Friday.

Masks are not mandatory here since the beginning of June and I'm no longer wearing one. I could never get used to wearing a mask anyway and always felt like suffocating. It was purely psychological, but I'll never wear a mask voluntarily again. It felt horrible.

As for going out vs sitting at home, my habits never changed in that regard. Which means I mostly stay at home, but go out when necessary. I've lived that way for several years, so Covid didn't really change anything for me. As I'm not in any risk group, live alone and have not been ill for years, there has been no reason for complete isolation. Which wouldn't be possible for me anyway (like I said, I live alone, so no one can run my errands for me). Going out for entertainment or visiting has never been my thing.
Old 06-30-2021, 05:18 AM   #53
0x6c616d70
HP: 9%
0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Vaccines are available in my area, but supplies are prioritized for the elderly and those at risk. I'm expecting my turn within two months though.

My islands' status:
+ Kids and elderly stay at home
+ Mandatory mask
Old 06-30-2021, 11:47 PM   #54
Camellia
She / Her
Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Due to delta strain spread in my country, vaccinations have finally been opened up for people under 40.

I'm booked in to receive my first dose of Astra-Zeneca on the 24th of July!
Old 07-01-2021, 02:55 AM   #55
nightcolors
Enthusiast
nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS700, T1, Kobo Libra
My second shot is scheduled for this Friday. I got Moderna the first time around in early May, but I won't know what my second one will be until I get to my appointment. Had some aches and fever for a few days after my first shot, so while I'm kinda worried for worse side effects this time, I also can't wait to be fully vaccinated, since they are lifting the mandatory masking starting tomorrow in British Columbia. I plan on keeping my mask on for the rest of this year, at least.
Old 07-01-2021, 08:32 AM   #56
conan50
Fanatic
conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
With Moderna in the US you get the same brand shot the 2nd time. Is it different for the 2nd shot in other countries?
Old 07-01-2021, 08:39 AM   #57
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by conan50 View Post
With Moderna in the US you get the same brand shot the 2nd time. Is it different for the 2nd shot in other countries?
Not here. You get the same brand here too.
Old 07-01-2021, 11:30 AM   #58
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by conan50 View Post
Here in British Columbia, Canada, it depends on what vaccine is available. Some people have received Moderna as their first shot and Pfizer as their second or vice versa. Those who received AstraZeneca as their first dose were given the option of Pfizer or Moderna as their second shot if they were worried about TTS.

According to various studies quoted by the health agencies, there seems to be no noticeable change in the protection offered by the mRNA vaccines regardless of mixing and matching. For an AstraZeneca first shot and a mRNA second shot, there is less data but it seems to indicate minimal changes in the protection offered.

For my second dose, I noticed a bit more soreness around the injection site compared to the first time but nothing debilitating.

Last edited by DNSB; 07-01-2021 at 11:36 AM.
Old 07-01-2021, 11:34 AM   #59
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I finally found a source for recent influenza case numbers in the UK.

One highlight is number of ICU/HDU admissions for influenza in 2020/2021 compared to previous years. These number are for England.

2020/21: 131
2019/20: 1671
2018/19: 3017
2007/18: 3245

There wasn't an influenza season last winter in the UK.
Old 07-01-2021, 11:44 AM   #60
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
One highlight is number of ICU/HDU admissions for influenza in 2020/2021 compared to previous years. These number are for England.

2020/21: 131
2019/20: 1671
2018/19: 3017
2007/18: 3245

There wasn't an influenza season last winter in the UK.
Much the same here in British Columbia where in a 6 week period during what should have been the peak influenza season, only 3 influenza cases were detected and those who in people who had received the influenza vaccine. Perhaps all the social distancing, mask wearing, hand washing and/or sanitizing was too much for influenza viruses to overcome.
Closed Thread