Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What is your Covid vaccination status?
I’m fully vaccinated and it’s been over two weeks. 55 63.95%
I’m fully vaccinated but it’s been less than two weeks. 9 10.47%
I’ve had my first shot of two. 12 13.95%
My first shot is scheduled. 1 1.16%
I’m qualified, but I haven’t been able to schedule a shot yet. 1 1.16%
I’ve not yet qualified or it’s not available here yet. 3 3.49%
I’m still undecided. 2 2.33%
I won’t be getting it because of contraindications 1 1.16%
I won’t be getting it for some non-medical reason 2 2.33%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2021, 02:44 PM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
The NEW NEW Covid Vaccination Poll

Time for another poll!

The last poll closed some time ago and people’s status has changed. So where are you now? Please stay on topic and eschew the contentious not directly related to the disease or the vaccination.

Last edited by pdurrant; 06-20-2021 at 04:39 AM.
Old 06-19-2021, 03:23 PM   #2
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I got my first shot. Sadly the 5G still hasn't activated. I guess it'll start working after the second one.

I did start glowing radioactive green and sprouting tentacles though, I think that's just normal side effects.
Advert
Old 06-19-2021, 03:36 PM   #3
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Got my 2nd Moderna shot on April 21. Easter Sunday was my two week after 2nd shot date on which I was considered to be fully vaccinated and protected as much as one can be.

No issues with first shot. I felt like poop the day after the second shot, but nothing really bad, and quickly got over it. To date, I’ve had no significant issues.

I still wear a mask when I go out in public, more as a courtesy to others than anything else, and I still avoid crowds of people.

Last edited by OtinG; 06-20-2021 at 12:06 PM.
Old 06-19-2021, 05:18 PM   #4
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Hopefully pretty soon everybody who wants to be vaccinated will have been. In future polls, we may need to add some choices related to more recent activities - since pretty soon the choices will be (a) Vaccinated, or (b) Chose not to be vaccinated.

We could add some new choices (may need to allow a multi-select):

Vaccinated, still staying to myself
Vaccinated, still wearing a mask
Vaccinated, out and about same as pre-virus
Not-Vaccinated, still staying to myself
Not-Vaccinated, still wearing a mask
Not-Vaccinated, out and about same as pre-virus
Vaccinated, traveling abroad
Not-Vaccinated, got covid and survived
Not-vaccinated, got covid and have continuing problems
Vaccinated, still got covid afterwards
Vaccinated, shunned by friends/family
Not-Vaccinated, shunned by friends/family
Old 06-19-2021, 08:04 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I did start glowing radioactive green and sprouting tentacles though, I think that's just normal side effects.
Do you find yourself wanting to intersperse "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn." into your conversations?

Last edited by DNSB; 06-19-2021 at 08:09 PM.
Advert
Old 06-20-2021, 04:40 AM   #6
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
Hopefully pretty soon everybody who wants to be vaccinated will have been. In future polls, we may need to add some choices related to more recent activities - since pretty soon the choices will be (a) Vaccinated, or (b) Chose not to be vaccinated.

We could add some new choices (may need to allow a multi-select):

Vaccinated, still staying to myself
Vaccinated, still wearing a mask
Vaccinated, out and about same as pre-virus
Not-Vaccinated, still staying to myself
Not-Vaccinated, still wearing a mask
Not-Vaccinated, out and about same as pre-virus
Vaccinated, traveling abroad
Not-Vaccinated, got covid and survived
Not-vaccinated, got covid and have continuing problems
Vaccinated, still got covid afterwards
Vaccinated, shunned by friends/family
Not-Vaccinated, shunned by friends/family
If you want to evaluate people's opinions and behavior, feel free to start your own poll.
Old 06-20-2021, 11:01 AM   #7
conan50
Fanatic
conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Got my 2nd shot back in April. It was Moderna. After 1st shot I had some pain in my arm. Also had nausea for about 24 hours. 2nd shot only side effect was terrible pain in my arm for several hours.
I dropped the mask after my 2 weeks. With my asthma I could never breathe through a cloth mask without a flareup, and even paper masks restricted my breathing.
Most people in my area of Ohio are pretty much over covid, masks, and everything that goes with it. But, it is still going around. My son in law was fishing yesterday with a guy who got a call while on the boat letting him know his covid test was positive. My son in law was not told the guy had even been tested for covid. My son in law had got the shot, but some careless unvaccinated people around for sure. I don't blame anyone under 30 years old for not getting the shot, but I would expect them not to be reckless with the health of others
Old 06-21-2021, 08:13 AM   #8
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Well, as a Spanish woman, my options are a bit restricted: I have been vaccinated according to my age (you cannot access to the shot as soon as you want), I don't have option to leave the mask (still mandatory at every moment in my country). And about secondary effects: a bit of fever the day after the second shot (I got it on Friday) and now a nice red arm.... BTW, @Conan50, in Spain, if you son-in-law tested positive now, he would have to wait for six months till his next shot, as person who has tested positive in the last six months (my brother and my sister in law were ill on Christmas time) only get one shot now.
Old 06-21-2021, 12:06 PM   #9
conan50
Fanatic
conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Well, as a Spanish woman, my options are a bit restricted: I have been vaccinated according to my age (you cannot access to the shot as soon as you want), I don't have option to leave the mask (still mandatory at every moment in my country). And about secondary effects: a bit of fever the day after the second shot (I got it on Friday) and now a nice red arm.... BTW, @Conan50, in Spain, if you son-in-law tested positive now, he would have to wait for six months till his next shot, as person who has tested positive in the last six months (my brother and my sister in law were ill on Christmas time) only get one shot now.
I heard Spain was hit very hard by the virus Hopefully things improve for you quickly in your country.
Old 06-21-2021, 03:49 PM   #10
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
2nd Moderna kicked my butt for 72 hours.
I'm not getting a booster later unless there is ice cream in the freezer.
Old 06-21-2021, 04:35 PM   #11
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by conan50 View Post
I heard Spain was hit very hard by the virus Hopefully things improve for you quickly in your country.
It has been hard, yes, but I think things are improving and vaccination is advancing fast too, so it looks like it will improve more in some months. Thank you.
Old 06-22-2021, 12:26 PM   #12
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Got my second, final shot on Friday.
Old 06-22-2021, 12:39 PM   #13
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
Got my second, final shot on Friday.
Does that mean you are going to be deported from Florida?
Old 06-22-2021, 10:16 PM   #14
lynmary
lynmary began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Covid survivor – [Luckily a mild case] Got my first shot two months ago . The Two levels of government are auguring about if I need a second. One is saying that l do not need a second shot because I was sick with covid. But if I’m planning a trip and most countries want proof of double vac.
Old 06-22-2021, 11:50 PM   #15
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Where I am in the Philippines vaccination started a few weeks ago.

Unfortunately my wife is having chemotherapy for the next year and has been advised not to have the vaccination until that is completed. I have decided not to get vaccinated until she does as I do not wish to risk accidentally affecting her.
Closed Thread