Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What’s your Covid vaccination status?
I’ve had both shots. 3 3.45%
I’ve had my first shot. 15 17.24%
My first shot is scheduled, but I haven’t got it yet. 2 2.30%
I’m qualified in my state or region and want it, but haven’t been able to schedule it. 10 11.49%
I’m not qualified yet in my state or region. 45 51.72%
Qualified or not, my immune system is compromised and I won’t get one. 0 0%
I’m opposed to the vaccine on principle and won’t get one. 2 2.30%
I’m waiting to see how it goes. 6 6.90%
There’s no vaccine available in my region. 3 3.45%
Prefer not to answer. 1 1.15%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2021, 09:27 PM   #31
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
You've got 4 to 6 years to wait. According to what I've seen, in Canada the minimum age for Pfizer-BioNTech is 16 years and Moderna is 18 years.
Ah, damn.
Old 02-14-2021, 02:47 AM   #32
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektron View Post
Ah, damn.
I expect that multiple vaccines will be approved for use in under-18s before the end of 2022, and possibly before the end of 2021. It would not be possible to leave such a large group of potential carriers in the population and still get herd immunity.
Advert
Old 02-14-2021, 01:18 PM   #33
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektron View Post
Ah, damn.
There are currently several studies about vaccinating under-18's. As I see it, if you are in the 5-10% death rate group, the chances of the current vaccines harming you is a lot less than the risks from Covid-19. For the under-18s, the risks from Covid-19 are a lot lower so taking the time to do a full study makes sense.
Old 02-15-2021, 07:21 AM   #34
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Good news and bad news in our select sampling thus far, it seems to me. That no one is planning not to get the shot is the good. However, it’s troubling that roughly 30% of those who qualify have been unable to schedule it.
Old 02-15-2021, 08:02 AM   #35
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
I'm an essential worker as defined by my state, but I am not up until our phase 3 stage, which opens on March 10. Teachers have priority (and should!). I hope to be able to get my first shot by mid summer.
Advert
Old 02-15-2021, 08:13 AM   #36
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Right now my state is in the 65 and old stage, so I am not qualified yet, but plan to get the vaccine later.
Old 02-15-2021, 10:21 AM   #37
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
I'm an essential worker as defined by my state, but I am not up until our phase 3 stage, which opens on March 10. Teachers have priority (and should!). I hope to be able to get my first shot by mid summer.
My state put essential workers at the top of the list, but their definition of same varies from other states. Medical and first responders made the list as essential workers, but teachers did not. There is still confusion on when teachers will get their vaccinations. However, the state quickly vaccinated the state legislators. I don't think the legislators justified making the essential workers list, or any special list.
Old 02-15-2021, 03:58 PM   #38
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
And I'm hoping you guys won't be so jealous of us Americans, with our undeserved earlier vaccine availability, to condemn my, by then, card-carrying, fully-vaccinated, family to a second summer of no Canadian vacation.
Well, if the border is still closed, we can at least hope it’s science, not jealousy, that’s the cause
Old 02-15-2021, 07:46 PM   #39
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinG View Post
However, the state quickly vaccinated the state legislators. I don't think the legislators justified making the essential workers list, or any special list.
Their best fit would have been at the very front. Ahead of Petri dishes and lab rats.

Last edited by haertig; 02-15-2021 at 07:49 PM.
Old 02-16-2021, 03:45 AM   #40
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
Their best fit would have been at the very front. Ahead of Petri dishes and lab rats.
Damn right! Lab rats are nice little animals and make great pets. My children had thirteen at one point. Be kind to Lab and fancy pet rats.
Old 02-16-2021, 05:07 AM   #41
idgaf2day
idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 11th Gen.
I had my first shot (Pfizer) on Feb 4th (I'm 73) and my wife had hers (Oxford Zenica) two days later (she's 69 but is classified as clinically extremely vulnerable). Texts inviting attendance at local vaccination centre (10 minutes drive), appointment bookings (on line) and jabs (very little time spent waiting) couldn't have gone smoother. Really most impressed. NHS, which can be a bit monolithic and ponderous, excelled itself.
Old 02-16-2021, 05:49 AM   #42
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
My state put essential workers at the top of the list, but their definition of same varies from other states. Medical and first responders made the list as essential workers, but teachers did not. There is still confusion on when teachers will get their vaccinations. However, the state quickly vaccinated the state legislators. I don't think the legislators justified making the essential workers list, or any special list.
In the state of permanent drama, aka Victoria. we have 6 million people confined to their homes for 22 hours a day and non-essential businesses shut down. As a consequence international tennis-players have been deemed as 'essential workers'

We got some Pfizer yesterday, and today the TGA (our FDA) gave full approval for the Astra-Zeneca - apparently only the second country to do so. The Pfizer was approved a few weeks ago. Rollout will start Monday - no doubt with a dog and pony show from federal politicians and senior medicos.

I really wish we had some of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine, its one-shot. That would work better for our indigenous communities; who incidentally have a slightly lower incidence of covid infections than the population at large. I think that's unique, elsewhere indigenous communities seemed to have fared poorly. Hmmm - I wonder how they fared in the Spanish flu pandemic, must look into that.

Last edited by BetterRed; 02-16-2021 at 06:13 AM.
Old 02-16-2021, 06:51 AM   #43
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
I have attached our state's rollout. I fall under 3 as an essential worker (court personnel). I have been in court every week since the pandemic began and as a legal aid attorney, I represent low-income, high-risk populations. Many of my clients have tested positive and become dangerously ill.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tiers.JPG
Views:	182
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	185411  
Old 02-16-2021, 11:36 AM   #44
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Not qualified yet, but I'll be getting it as soon as I am.
Old 02-16-2021, 12:08 PM   #45
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
I had my second Moderna vaccine shot last Sunday, February 14th. I'm 83 so qualified in the second group of eligibles.

Jim
Closed Thread