Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-26-2019, 11:26 AM   #1
charles_cinci
Enthusiast
charles_cinci began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Question Nook GL+ - Title not including series for just a couple books

I've got the original water proof Nook Glowlight plus...

I've long had calibre configured to send the series name and number as the leading portion of the title.

Never had an issue.

However, with a couple books I just transferred, the series name and number are not displaying on my Nook. Other books from the same series display just fine.

What's really interesting, the titles shown on the nook don't match anything on/in the book.

Shown Title - Black Dagger Legacy
Title in Calibre - Blood Fury
Series in Calibre - Black Dagger Brotherhood
Sub-Series in Calibre - Legacy
File name on Nook - Blood Fury - J.R. Ward.epub

Shown Title - A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood
Title in Calibre - The Thief
Series in Calibre - Black Dagger Brotherhood
Sub-Series in Calibre -
File name on Nook - Thief, The - J.R. Ward.epub

I've deleted and re-transfered the books a couple times..

I've deleted all the books from the nook; along with the calibre metadata files on the nook.

I've used the modify ePub plug-in to replace the metadata jacket of the problem epubs.

None of which as affected what the nook is displaying...

Any thought as to what's wrong and how to fix it?

Note: running Calibre 3.39.1...going to update to the latest...no difference with 3.42.0

Thank you!

Last edited by charles_cinci; 05-26-2019 at 11:33 AM.
charles_cinci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 09:41 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Do an epub to epub conversion, that usually sorts out such issues.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
caliber, nook, series