Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-20-2018, 04:20 PM   #91
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by tch65721 View Post
I'm not sure if it has ever been mentioned but three mysteries by Chris Grabenstein are $.99 With $1.99 audiobook addon. They are:

1. Tilt-A-Whirl https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000RGULAG/
2. Whack-a-Mole https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000RGULAQ/
3. Mad Mouse https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000RGULB0
I don't think that I posted any of them, and I don't remember seeing them posted by anyone else. Gr8 find!
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 03:51 PM   #92
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The (So-Called) Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen. Whispersync Deal is Now $5.98.

Get the Whispersync deal The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen (Pssst! They're not really lost memoirs of Jane Austen ) for $5.98 ($1.99-ebook + $3.99-audio).

The author is Syrie James. The ebook has 303 pages.

The book passes muster as far as my posting qualifications are concerned. The only weakness that I see is that the ratings are a little on the low side for my standards (4.3 stars, from 123 reviews at Amazon (be sure to read the 1-star ratings before deciding whether or not to purchase); 3.76, from 5,577 ratings at GoodReads).

I like to see WS deals cheaper than this one; however, the audiobook, all by its little ole' self (that's Southern for "itself") at Audible is $17.14.

What have I forgotten to say . . . . Anyway, you can find out anything else about the ebook, and purchase the entire WS deal here.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-21-2018 at 08:07 PM.
Advert
Old 04-21-2018, 08:00 PM   #93
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

This Week's New Round of Kindle Exclusives--New Round of Possibly Great WS Deals.

Being the powerful industry insider that I am , I just received an exclusive email from Amazon advising me of the Kindle Exclusives for the week.

The reason that I'm posting this information on the "Whispersync Deals" thread, is that the Kindle Exclusives are all published by Amazon or one of its many imprints and it certainly appears, at least, that Amazon gives preferential treatment on its audio companion pricing on these ebooks, which often means lower WS deal prices on them (Ebook price + audio companion price = WS deal price).

This looks like as good of a place as any to begin your quest for some great WS deals among the Kindle Exclusives for this week:
https://amazon.com/gp/search/ref=pe_...o=digital-text.
I don't know whether or not posting this information on the thread each week is valuable to anyone or not. So, I'm planning for this to be the last post about the Kindle Exclusives' new list for the week. You can sign up to receive weekly notices, as I do, though, despite what I said in paragraph #1. .

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-21-2018 at 08:10 PM.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:55 PM   #94
Jenga5238
Enthusiast
Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle, iPhone
World Book Day!

I love your link to the amazon deals every week GTrsRGr8! I click the link every week actually!

Here's a great link I found to a list of Kindle freebies for World book day - I know there are some great whispersync deals found in there.

https://www.amazon.com/article/read-...06_rb_1_1_1804

it's good for 1.5 more days as of right now. Enjoy!
Jenga5238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 04:26 PM   #95
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenga5238 View Post
I love your link to the amazon deals every week GTrsRGr8! I click the link every week actually!

Here's a great link I found to a list of Kindle freebies for World book day - I know there are some great whispersync deals found in there.

https://www.amazon.com/article/read-...06_rb_1_1_1804

it's good for 1.5 more days as of right now. Enjoy!
Nice to hear of your interest in the Kindle Exclusives posts. I'll try to keep doing them, then--I figure that if one person says something positive, there may be ten who, for one reason or another, don't say anything.

It will help me if I can minimize my preaching, in each post, of the virtues of looking for Whispersync deals among the Kindle Exclusives. (No "amens," please ).

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-23-2018 at 04:29 PM.
Advert
Old 04-24-2018, 12:31 AM   #96
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
LAST DAY -- Free Kindle Books -- exp 24 Apr

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
All of these books which have audio narrations (thus, creating Whispersync deals), have them for $1.99 each! A Question of Red appears to be the only ebook of the bunch that doesn't have an audio companion.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 12:23 AM   #97
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

WS Deal on Book 1 of the Chronicles of the Black Gate--$2.98. Get a FREEBIE, too!

Pick up the audio and ebook, via a Whispersync deal, of a volume of the 6-Book series Chronicles of the Black Gate series,. The WS deal is on Book 1, The Path of Flames. The price is only $2.98 ($.99-book + $1.99-audio).

Phil Tucker is the author of the series.

The description at Amazon says that the series is an "epic fantasy" series. If by "epic" the author/publisher implies "long," that certainly seems to be true if the length of this first book is any indication--it's a whopping 501 pages long!

The description from Amazon:
The first book in the new epic fantasy series readers are comparing to David Gemmell and Raymond E. Feist.

r/Fantasy 2016 Stabby Award Finalist
[sic, G]
2016 #SPFBO Finalist
2016 Indie Spotlight - BestFantasyBooks.com

A war fueled by the dark powers of forbidden sorcery is about to engulf the Ascendant Empire. Agerastian heretics, armed with black fire and fueled by bitter hatred, seek to sever the ancient portals that unite the empire - and in so doing destroy it.

Asho--a squire with a reviled past--sees his liege, the Lady Kyferin, and her meager forces banished to an infamous ruin. Beset by tragedy and betrayal, demons and an approaching army, the fate of the Kyferins hangs by the slenderest of threads. Asho realizes that their sole hope of survival may lie hidden within the depths of his scarred soul--a secret that could reverse their fortunes and reveal the truth behind the war that wracks their empire.

Unpredictable, fast paced, and packed with unforgettable characters, The Path of Flames is the first installment in a gripping new epic fantasy series.

Get more information about, and/or purchase, the WS deal on this webpage.

But what about the freebie? Well it is the "prequel story" Escape from Bathos, and you can get it by pointing your browser to eepurl.com/b4hLhf, and signing up to a mailing list.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-29-2018 at 12:53 AM.
Old 04-30-2018, 02:33 PM   #98
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
[Irrelevant] Psshaw. That's a tiny book. Even the first book, of the 7(so far) book series Outlander, was 850 pages. I read it on a teeny Palm Pilot screen. Fans have T-shirts saying "We (heart) big books!"
[/Irrelevant]
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 02:48 PM   #99
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
[Irrelevant] Psshaw. That's a tiny book. Even the first book, of the 7(so far) book series Outlander, was 850 pages.
You need to get caught up! Written in My Own Heart's Blood (Outlander #8)

issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 03:09 PM   #100
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Sorry -- I didn't re-count them. Yes, I've read that one too! The final page leaves me hope that there will be a next book.

So, 8 and counting.... plus side offshoots. (Haven't yet read all of those, but Lord John Grey #2 is on sale for $1.99 so I just got that one too.)
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 04:06 PM   #101
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
[Irrelevant] Psshaw. That's a tiny book. Even the first book, of the 7(so far) book series Outlander, was 850 pages. I read it on a teeny Palm Pilot screen. Fans have T-shirts saying "We (heart) big books!"
[/Irrelevant]
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
501 pages, and especially 850 pages, is long to a nonfictionista like myself. Nonfiction books tend to be a lot shorter.

I think that when I mention the number of pages, I'll try to do it without comment from now on. I'll let the reader of the post decide for herself or himself whether it's long or not.
Old 05-02-2018, 04:02 AM   #102
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Amazon Whispersync -- Kindle for Samsung -- exp 31 May

All four selections for May have Whispersync pairs. For those with Samsung devices, your first Kindle selection is free (1st Kindle price) and the remaining selections are $1.99 or less (2nd Kindle price). Purchases must be made from a Samsung device using the Kindle for Samsung app to qualify for this pricing. For those without Samsung devices, the Kindle books are the current selling price (3rd Kindle price). After purchasing the ebooks, the audiobooks are available for $1.99 each. See this post for additional details and discussions about this month's ebook selections.

For those with Kindle Unlimited and/or Prime Reading, some of the selections may have Whispersync pairs. After borrowing the "free" ebooks, the audiobooks are available for $1.99 each.

Can't find the Kindle for Samsung app? --> see this discussion posts 320~332

Tidewater -- Libbie Hawker/ Scott Merriman, et al --> 17.9 hrs --> historical
  • Whispersync --> Audible ($1.99) | Kindle (free/$1.99/$3.99)
  • Kindle Unlim --> Audible ($1.99) | Kindle (free)
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    Tidewater: A Novel of Pocahontas and the Jamestown Colony

In 1607, three ships arrive on the coast of Virginia to establish Jamestown Colony. One girl's life - and the lives of her people - are changed forever.

To Pocahontas and her people, the Tidewater is the rightful home of the Powhatan tribe. To England it is Virginia Territory, fertile with promise, rich with silver and gold. As Jamestown struggles to take root, John Smith knows that the only hope for survival lies with the Powhatan people. He knows, too, that they would rather see the English starve than yield their homeland to invaders. In the midst of this conflict, Pocahontas, the daughter of the great chief, forges an unlikely friendship with Smith. Their bond preserves a wary peace - but control can rest only in one nation's hands. When that peace is broken, Pocahontas must choose between power and servitude - between self and sacrifice - for the sake of her people and her land.

Revised edition: This edition of Tidewater includes editorial revisions.

No Peace for the Damned -- Megan Powell/ Christina Traister --> 7.5 hrs --> paranormal
  • Whispersync --> Audible ($1.99) | Kindle (free/$1.49/$1.49)
  • Prime Read ---> Audible ($1.99) | Kindle (free)
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    Magnolia Kelch Series --> book 1 of 2

Magnolia Kelch is no stranger to pain. Beautiful and powerful, she’s spent her entire life at the mercy of her sadistic father and the rest of the Kelch clan, who have tortured her and tested the limits of her powers. After one particularly heinous night that leaves Magnolia nearly dead, she finally sees her chance for escape….

But this first taste of freedom is short-lived when she collides with Thirteen, head of the Network - a secret organization dedicated to fighting supernatural criminals - who recruits her into the group. Even as she’s coming to grips with this new life and the horrific memories that still haunt her, she’s conflicted by her growing attraction to fellow team member Theo and the emergence of new, untested abilities. After months of grueling training, her loyalty to the team is tested when she learns her target is the Network’s most wanted: the Kelch family.

Revenge may course through her veins, but so does the blood of the Kelches. And opposing her family may cost her the thing she treasures most. After all, Magnolia is still a Kelch. And the Kelches are damned.

Old Gold -- Jay Stringer/ Ralph Lister --> 6.6 hrs --> suspense
  • Whispersync --> Audible ($1.99) | Kindle (free/$1.49/$1.49)
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    Eoin Miller Series --> book 1 of 3

When gangland detective and former cop Eoin Miller wakes up to realize his almost-one-night stand has gone cold as a corpse in his bed, his gypsy heritage screams for him to do the easy thing and run. Having abandoned his morals, ambitions, and relationships for a life of alcohol, denial, and dirty work for local crime bosses, escape seems to be the only option left. But Eoin is surprised by a compulsion to root out his unknown enemies and fight for survival.

All too soon, he finds himself caught in the crossfire between nearly every faction in town: rival crime lords, drug dealers, politicians, cops - even his estranged wife has a card in play. His quest to uncover the truth - and prove his innocence - resurfaces deep pains, old scars, and shattered relationships that threaten to bury him under regret. That is, if the killer doesn’t bury him first.

Portrait of a Girl -- Dörthe Binkert/ David deVries --> 10.2 hrs --> romance
  • Whispersync --> Audible ($1.99) | Kindle (free/$1.99/$1.99)
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    In the summer of 1896, a grand Swiss spa hotel becomes a refuge for Nika, a penniless beauty whose tortured past has left her unable to speak. While working in the manicured gardens, she becomes a muse to the celebrated painter Giovanni Segantini, who takes her under his wing.

Although he’s married, the two bond closely, and beneath his gaze Nika blossoms. She opens her heart to Segantini, serving as the muse for his luminous masterwork La Vanità, and through his patience recovers her voice. The secret between them is her sole material possession: a golden locket with clues to her mysterious heritage.

How will Nika learn the hidden secrets of the locket and uncover her origins? And what path awaits her once the facts are revealed? As her ties to Segantini grow ever more complex, her search for love and truth becomes as perilous as the quest for an alpine summit - and her destiny is rewritten on the journey.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 05:59 PM   #103
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

$4.48 WS Deal on Sarah Stodola's Process: The Writing Lives of Great Authors.

There is a $4.48 Whispersync deal on Process: The Writing Lives of Great Authors, authored by Sarah Stodola.

The tome is highly-rated, of sufficient length . . . . all of the things that I require in a book before I'll post it. There's not quite the disparity between the WS deal price of $4.48 and the Audible price for the audio alone ($13.97 (one credit)) that I prefer, but everything else looks good. And since I make these posts on a thread called "Cheap Whispersync Deals," I am even more demanding than I usually am with ebooks by themselves.

Here's the description of the book, from Amazon:
Ernest Hemingway, Zadie Smith, Joan Didion, Franz Kafka, David Foster Wallace, and more. In Process, acclaimed journalist Sarah Stodola examines the creative methods of literature’s most transformative figures. Each chapter contains a mini biography of one of the world’s most lauded authors, focused solely on his or her writing process. Unlike how-to books that preach writing techniques or rules, Process puts the true methods of writers on display in their most captivating incarnation: within the context of the lives from which they sprang. Drawn from both existing material and original research and interviews, Stodola brings to light the fascinating, unique, and illuminating techniques behind these literary behemoths.

There appears to be some problem with the preview at Amazon for this ebook, so I can't skim over the chapter headings, but it appears that we non-fiction people have been slighted again. Yes, it's true. All of the authors featured in the book seem to be novelists, or some other kind of writer of fiction. But, it is nice to be able to post a book, which is itself non-fiction (the book is non-fiction, but it covers writers of fiction).

Here's the linky.

Thanks to GARussell for making the post of the ebook (on the "under $3.00" thread) that was used as a basis for this post.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 05-03-2018 at 02:41 AM.
Old 05-10-2018, 12:08 AM   #104
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Get the Whispersync Deal on an Ebook about the Life of Mother Teresa for Only $1.99!

Regardless of whether you're (a) Roman Catholic or not, I think that you would find a listen (or reading) of the life of "Mother Teresa" heartwarming at times, and troubling at others.

Right now, you can get Saint Mother Teresa of Calcutta: A Witness to Love for free, and the audio narration for $1.99. So, the total for the entire Whispersync deal is only $1.99! However, the "bang for the buck" is not quite as good as with some other WS deals that I've posted--there are only 144 pages in the ebook, translating into only 2 hours, 39 minutes of listening time, according to Audible.

The ebook garners an impressive 4.6-star rating at Amazon, from 82 reviews. However, the audio garners only a 3.9 rating at Audible, which is difficult to understand (perhaps if I had had the time, a reading of the reviews would have been of a lot of help). I thought that the narration and narrator were excellent on the sample provided at Audible. However, there are only 18 reviews there, probably not quite enough to get a true picture of the opinion of the majority of listeners.

Two individuals are credited with authoring this tome--Michael J. Ruszala and Wyatt North. Please be advised that Wyatt North, through his company Wyatt North Publishing LLC, is a major proponent and apologist for Roman Catholicism, through his publications at least.

Go to this Amazon webpage to get the entire WS deal.
Old 05-10-2018, 11:53 AM   #105
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
I’ve read some interesting articles on Mother Teresa over the last few years, making solid arguments about how she did much more harm than good.
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote