Old 06-22-2015, 02:55 PM   #1
didu812
didu812 began at the beginning.

Device: iRex
calibre corrupt error corrupt error database disk image is malformed

hi there,

please help:
unfortunately my calibre database seems to be defective:
when trying to make changes in my database i receive the error "calibre corrupt error corrupt error database disk image is malformed"; by clicking on details i receive:

calibre, version 2.31.0
FEHLER: Nicht abgefangener Fehler: <b>CorruptError</b>:CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

calibre 2.31 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Find Duplicates
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\metadata\single.py", line 604, in next_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\metadata\single.py", line 537, in apply_changes
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\metadata\basic_widgets.py", line 1378, in commit
File "site-packages\calibre\db\legacy.py", line 814, in func
File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 57, in call_func_with_lock
File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 1043, in set_field
File "site-packages\calibre\db\write.py", line 513, in set_books
File "site-packages\calibre\db\write.py", line 426, in many_many
File "site-packages\calibre\db\backend.py", line 816, in executemany
File "c:\cygwin64\home\kovid\sw\build\apsw-3.8.2-r1\src\cursor.c", line 231, in resetcursor
CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

please help!

many thanks in advance
didu812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 08:51 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can delete metadata.db (keep a backup just in case) in your calibre library folder. Then calibre will startup with no books. Then follow the restore database procedure, described here: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....libre-is-blank
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2016, 10:05 PM   #3
Atiajar
Atiajar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Same here

Hi Kovid, I'm having the same error. I did what you said twice and it didn´t work. I recently updates my laptop with windows 10, and the error appeared when I updated to calibre 2.49, a couple of days ago. Here is what it says after trying to restore the library:

calibre, version 2.49.0
ERROR: Excepción no considerada: <b>UnicodeDecodeError</b>:'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xe1 in position 287: invalid continuation byte

calibre 2.49 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && Wiki Reader && Beam Ebooks && Fantastic Fiction && Obok DeDRM && KoboBooks && FictionDB && Webscription && Quality Check && Anobii Fetcher && Similar Stories && Kindle Collections && Reading List && Search The Internet && Generate Cover && Skoob && Copy Cover To Device && ANOBII && Find Duplicates && catawiki && ADLIBRIS_NO && Libri_hu && KindleUnpack - The Plugin && Goodreads Sync && Moly_hu && Martinus.sk && ADLIBRIS_SE && Modify ePub && Fantastic Fiction Adults && Barnes & Noble && Consolidate All Library Metadata && Read MP3 AudioBook metadata && BOL_DE && Goodreads
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\choose_library.py", line 482, in restore_database
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\restore_library.py", line 117, in restore_database
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\restore_library.py", line 85, in _show_success_msg
File "site-packages\calibre\db\restore.py", line 75, in report
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xe1 in position 287: invalid continuation byte

I hope you can help me to fix this. Thanks in advance.

A.
Atiajar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 10:50 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's just an error in reporting success, probably because you have some non-ascii encoded files in your library folder, or the path to you library folder contains non-ascii characters. I have fixed the reporting code to handle this in the future. In the meantime you can always restore from the command line instead, like this

calibredb restore_database -r
Old 01-20-2016, 09:58 PM   #5
Atiajar
Atiajar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Thank you!!

Hi again Kovid, thanks a lot for answering so quickly. I did what you said and worked perfectly!!. The metadata is completely recovered and Calibre running without issues.

Thank you so much for your help and for making sure this software available for us.

Best.

A.
Atiajar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2016, 10:51 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You're welcome
Old 06-18-2016, 10:27 AM   #7
Olli1967
Olli1967 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
KeyError

Hello after updating to the last version before this it is not possible to add new books. I make an Update to 2.59 und I restored the database you described.
Here is my error
calibre, version 2.59.0
FEHLER: Nicht abgefangener Fehler: <b>KeyError</b>:'ALTE GER\xc4TE'

calibre 2.59 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: KePub Output && KoboTouchExtended && EpubMerge
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\add.py", line 424, in add_books
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\win_file_dialogs.py", line 223, in choose_files
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\win_file_dialogs.py", line 115, in run_file_dialog
File "os.py", line 465, in copy
File "os.py", line 425, in __getitem__
KeyError: 'ALTE GER\xc4TE'

What can I do?

Thank for reply Olli
Olli1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 01:34 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Remove ALTE GER\xc4TE from your environment variables
Old 06-18-2016, 01:49 PM   #9
Olli1967

Variable

Hello,
thanks for your quick answer. But I have not a variable like ALTE GER\xc4TE.
Best regards Olli
Old 06-18-2016, 01:56 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

It will look like ALTE GER<something>TE and it may not be all uppercase, but it is there. Or just wait for the next calibre release which has a fix for this issue https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...295a59a2778ea1
Old 06-18-2016, 02:00 PM   #11
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
ALTE GER\xc4TE --> Alte Geräte ("Old equipment" in English)
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 02:04 PM   #12
Olli1967

Variable

Hello the name of the variable in germany is
Alte Geräte I deleted it and calibre works well.
Thanks
Old 08-29-2016, 01:42 PM   #13
philmagic59
philmagic59 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
calibre, version 2.65.1
ERREUR : Erreur: Erreur pendant la communication avec le dispositif

CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 533, in _sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 931, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2283, in update_device_database_collections
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2644, in set_bookshelf
File "c:\cygwin64\home\kovid\sw\build\apsw-3.8.2-r1\src\cursor.c", line 231, in resetcursor

That happens when I connect my Kobo with Calibre.
is it a problem only on PC or a problem on memory of Kobo ?
It seems for me that it's a problem on Calibre Database on PC.
Must I try to restore database in Clibre ?

Thanks for your response.
philmagic59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 03:10 PM   #14
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by philmagic59 View Post
calibre, version 2.65.1
ERREUR : Erreur: Erreur pendant la communication avec le dispositif

CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 533, in _sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 931, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2283, in update_device_database_collections
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2644, in set_bookshelf

That happens when I connect my Kobo with Calibre.
is it a problem only on PC or a problem on memory of Kobo ?
It seems for me that it's a problem on Calibre Database on PC.
Must I try to restore database in Clibre ?

If it happens ONLY with the Kobo attached... It is the Kobo

I believe the advice is to log the Kobo device OFF (frm Kobo.com?), then back on. This rebuilds the device DB
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 03:43 PM   #15
philmagic59
philmagic59 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
I am reconstructing in Calibre a copy of directory of my books.
So I cannot use Calibre to try what you tell me to do.
But yesterday I reinitialized my Kobo, and I have always same problem. And Windows 8.1 tells me that I have not problems on the memory of my Kobo.
Again thank you.

Last edited by philmagic59; 08-29-2016 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Corrections.
philmagic59 is offline   Reply With Quote