Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-29-2014, 11:09 AM   #91
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
Sadly, these book/ebook credits are about the only ones that don't have a way to check (whole categories, I mean; other than some specialty credits). MP3, video, app - they all have a way to check. And here I thought Amazon was, first, a book seller.
True. I think these promotions would show up in the cart, if books weren't one click. I received promotional credit a couple of times from Amazon, that credit didn't show up on those Mp3, video etc either. It showed up when I put something in my cart and went to check out. Usually listed next to the gift card amount and just called promotional credit.

I think that is where those are, just that we can't see them as there is no cart for ebooks.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 11:12 AM   #92
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
It often takes 24 or more hours for tracking data to update. Happens to me all the time. Several times I've receive packages where the tracking didn't update until after receipt.
I thought that too, but it turns out NewEgg screwed up. The phone was never shipped, and it was quite a process trying to determine that. First I tried to call, but the queue was long, so I went to online chat. That person couldn't tell me anything that I couldn't see myself and told me he would submit an inquiry and it would take 1-3 business days for a response. Now I ordered the phone online 7:30 AM their time with next day shipping. I might not get a response back until the following Wed? I posted on their FB page, and got a response to email them the order info, which I did. By Saturday morning, I still hadn't heard back (I should say, I'm east coast and they are west coast so 3 hr time diff.) so I called again. This rep couldn't really tell me anymore than I already new, so I just told them to cancel the order and I ordered it from Amazon. After all that, I received an email saying that it was never shipped and just because I requested next day shipping, that isn't a guarantee that they'll get the order out the same day, however there is an option to select rush shipment, for a small fee. This on top of the extra shipping charges... NewEgg pretty much lost me as a customer after this fiasco.
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2014, 11:22 AM   #93
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I never use slow shipping only 2 days and I still have to wait 4 days. I can't imagine how long slow shipping really would be for me.
You should be calling Amazon and give them hell for your 2 day shipping taking 4 days.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 11:51 AM   #94
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You should be calling Amazon and give them hell for your 2 day shipping taking 4 days.
I've never waited more than two days for my two-day shipping.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 12:23 PM   #95
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_D View Post
NewEgg pretty much lost me as a customer after this fiasco.
I've had some problems with them too. I've received defective items, and I'm not crazy about their return procedures.
But between the occasional REALLY good deals, and the fact that I live 5 minutes from one of their will-call locations (which means I can often pick up things same day, zero shipping costs) I keep going back to them.

ApK
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2014, 02:39 PM   #96
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_D View Post
I thought that too, but it turns out NewEgg screwed up. The phone was never shipped, and it was quite a process trying to determine that. First I tried to call, but the queue was long, so I went to online chat. That person couldn't tell me anything that I couldn't see myself and told me he would submit an inquiry and it would take 1-3 business days for a response. Now I ordered the phone online 7:30 AM their time with next day shipping. I might not get a response back until the following Wed? I posted on their FB page, and got a response to email them the order info, which I did. By Saturday morning, I still hadn't heard back (I should say, I'm east coast and they are west coast so 3 hr time diff.) so I called again. This rep couldn't really tell me anymore than I already new, so I just told them to cancel the order and I ordered it from Amazon. After all that, I received an email saying that it was never shipped and just because I requested next day shipping, that isn't a guarantee that they'll get the order out the same day, however there is an option to select rush shipment, for a small fee. This on top of the extra shipping charges... NewEgg pretty much lost me as a customer after this fiasco.
I heard they have gone down hill in the last few years which is why I seldom order from them.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:43 PM   #97
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
I have tried that. Mine takes 3 days--2 to the post office, and one from the post office. I have complained, and I get a $5 credit sometimes, but what I really want is 2-day shipping. Can't get than anymore.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 03:44 PM   #98
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
I have tried that. Mine takes 3 days--2 to the post office, and one from the post office. I have complained, and I get a $5 credit sometimes, but what I really want is 2-day shipping. Can't get than anymore.
When you order, do you see a line saying something like ' Guaranteed delivery: Oct. 1, 2014 If you order in the next 7 hours and 19 minutes' on the checkout screen? I see that and if they miss it regularly I would expect them to do something about it.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 04:16 PM   #99
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If it was me, I'd be on to Amazon until they did something about it. a $5 credit just isn't good enough. If Amazon knows the way they are shipping to me isn;t working, then I'd be asking them to change how they ship to me so they can fill their promise to get my order to me in the time they said they would.

When I order from Newegg, most of the time I get my order delivered sooner then expected.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 11:58 PM   #100
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
If it was me, I'd be on to Amazon until they did something about it. a $5 credit just isn't good enough. If Amazon knows the way they are shipping to me isn;t working, then I'd be asking them to change how they ship to me so they can fill their promise to get my order to me in the time they said they would.

When I order from Newegg, most of the time I get my order delivered sooner then expected.
Well, I have a choice not to buy from them. I read shipping costs were bleeding Amazon--I would rather get 3-day shipping than not have Amazon at all. For the number of purchases I make a year, $99 for 3-day shipping is great deal. It takes 4-days in Idaho, but since it is at the foot of a mountain 90 miles from Boise, any other shipper takes 2 weeks.

And yes, I do feel guilty for everything.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 12:49 AM   #101
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I have started my Christmas shopping much earlier this year, mostly because I have found a number of items whose prices at Amazon were much lower than usual.

Since these are Christmas presents, I put the "no rush" tag on them.

Yesterday, I bought a couple of books for myself (for my upcoming birthday), and to my surprise, I got a $5.00 discount because of the no-rush credits!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 07:04 PM   #102
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The ebook credits also work on big 5 publishers. I just got one Sold by:*Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc. I had a promotional credit before that wasn't from the Prime shipping and it only worked on items sold by Amazon. I had to get a refund because I didn't realize that.

I looked at the details of the offer and thought it would be the same. http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=9433645011

Quote:
2. How can I use my credit?
Log on to Amazon.com or browse your Kindle device.
Purchase a book or eBook sold by Amazon.
We will automatically apply your $1 credit to your order total after you check out.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:13 AM   #103
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Why did you want a refund?
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 12:46 AM   #104
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Why did you want a refund?
Because the credit I had was only for things that were sold by Amazon and I only bought the book because I wanted to use the credit. With the stupid 1click you can't see how you are paying until after you pay. When I saw that my credit card was charged, I wanted a refund.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:49 AM   #105
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
The ebook credits also work on big 5 publishers. I just got one Sold by:*Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc. I had a promotional credit before that wasn't from the Prime shipping and it only worked on items sold by Amazon. I had to get a refund because I didn't realize that.

I looked at the details of the offer and thought it would be the same. http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=9433645011
Haven't these details changed? There's no mention anymore of credits expiring December 31, and now it sounds like the credit can be used on any e-book or physical book--before, wasn't it only e-books? Now it sounds at least marginally more attractive--I've placed three orders in the past week, and if I'd known I could use the credit on a "real" book, I would've passed on rush shipping.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote