Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-25-2014, 03:07 PM   #76
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Mine says

Preparing for Shipment
Delivery estimate: Thursday, September 25, 2014 - Monday, September 29, 2014 by 8pm

I assume preparing comes before shipping now? So I have to go through that step to for x number of days?

Happily using my prime from now on again. Yes, 1st world problems I know.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:26 PM   #77
Poodlemom1
Groupie
Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Glow HD, Fire HD6, iPad Air 2, Mini 2
I tried it once, and once was enough for me. I will go back to my 2-day delivery for future orders.
Poodlemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2014, 03:52 PM   #78
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
I'll continue to use it for things that I don't need right away. I just have to keep in mind that it might be two weeks.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 10:17 PM   #79
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
Maybe it's just because I'm in Los Angeles, where Amazon delivers on Sunday and has a fleet of "Amazon Fresh" trucks that deliver groceries (but also seem to do small packages as well), but I've done pretty well by no rush. This includes one order that I got next day.

My no rush orders (date ordered--date received):

9/21-- 9/22 (this one came the next morning)
9/16-- 9/21 (Sunday delivery was surprising on a no rush)
8/21--8/24
8/20--8/22

So just 4 orders, but so far so good for me. Definitely would not use it if I was waiting weeks like some people seem to be.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 02:36 PM   #80
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
I ordered a new phone from newegg.com yesterday and paid for next day shipping, I got an email stating it was shipped, but the provided tracking number doesn't pull up any data. I don't know what that's about. We'll see if it shows up.
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2014, 03:00 PM   #81
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Its shipped yay.

Orders are shipped together with USPS, of course. I am in Texas and it seems to come from Dallas. I can't recall having anything shipped to me coming from Texas, even though my City also has a new center. Unless it was delivered to USPS in Dallas by the Pony Express and they have no tracking.
Old 09-26-2014, 03:12 PM   #82
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_D View Post
I ordered a new phone from newegg.com yesterday and paid for next day shipping, I got an email stating it was shipped, but the provided tracking number doesn't pull up any data. I don't know what that's about. We'll see if it shows up.
It often takes 24 or more hours for tracking data to update. Happens to me all the time. Several times I've receive packages where the tracking didn't update until after receipt.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 11:52 PM   #83
rkw
Old & Busted Hotness
rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0,Asus TF700T, K1-2-3-Fire
well, I tried to use the "we'll ship it some day, eventually" option...it lasted about 18hrs and I had to switch back to the Prime 2-day. I was going to take around 10-days to arrive. I would not mind if they still processed the items over the weekend as other options but, well, just no...actually, hell no...

I order a LOT (easily $10k/yr) from Amazon because it saves me time. I don't have time to drive to get items I can order at 3AM when I remember something I needed. At which point it simply shows up.

I still might try it out but I am betting it will be soon they start to put that very same $35 minimum order to get that whole dollar back because people are going to start placing 12 orders for the dozen items they otherwise would have purchased at once.
rkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 10:02 AM   #84
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I'd be more inclined to pass on the Prime 2-day shipping for the dollar credit if the downgrade was to 3- to 5-day delivery. But going from 2-day to pretty much "whenever" should be worth more than a buck credit, especially one that expires in a relatively short time.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 11:14 AM   #85
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I'd be more inclined to pass on the Prime 2-day shipping for the dollar credit if the downgrade was to 3- to 5-day delivery. But going from 2-day to pretty much "whenever" should be worth more than a buck credit, especially one that expires in a relatively short time.
That's what I was just thinking this morning, after checking on my "experimental" order. Though my wait time hasn't been quite as long as some who have posted, it was still long enough to keep me from doing it again. It is out for delivery today (Fedex Smartpost, so coming with the regular mail) which puts it at 10 days from order. It sat "preparing for shipping" for 6 of those days.

It's rare that I order something I don't need soon anyway, but I probably won't be doing this again regardless for just a dollar credit.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 11:15 AM   #86
Atunah
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
That is what I thought. I thought instead of 2 day, it will just how the regular shipping was before I signed up for Prime, but its not. Its some special extra slow service.
Considering how long it took for it to get to the processing and the 2 different items I ordered are now coming from the same place, I wonder if the wait is some logistical reshuffling between warehouses.

My items show as out for delivery today. But that doesn't mean I'll get them today. USPS does not have to deliver to the door around here as in apartments, they just have to go to the leasing office. If they are not there, they'll take it back to the base, even if I am home. And the office is only open like a 3 hour window today so I have to hunt down my packages.
Old 09-28-2014, 04:13 PM   #87
markbot
Guru
markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2
How do you check for the ebook credits?

How do you check for the ebook credits? I checked my balances (when looking at all of the balances) but my "Kindle Editions" credit is zero even though I'm supposed to have $2 in credits for ebooks.
markbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 05:16 PM   #88
Atunah
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbot View Post
How do you check for the ebook credits? I checked my balances (when looking at all of the balances) but my "Kindle Editions" credit is zero even though I'm supposed to have $2 in credits for ebooks.
It doesn't show anywhere, I looked at that spot too. I think this is one of those invisible credits you get applied as soon as a book ins purchased. I got mine so I have $2 dollars that go until December 31st. I wrote it down on one of many of my notes on my desk.
It does work as I just purchased a 99 cent book and on the order it shows:

Item(s) Subtotal: $0.99
Promotions: -$0.99
----
Total Before Tax: $0.00
Tax Collected: $0.00
----
Grand Total: $0.00

So it just happens. I think if I were to do a few of these orders, writing it down is a good way not to miss out, unless of course one buys a lot of ebooks anyway so they won't last long.
Old 09-28-2014, 06:43 PM   #89
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
I tested it and got my item in 5 days (Weds order, Sat delivery) by USPS. The post office here is good about delivering Amazon stuff on time. I only did it because I really didn't need the item for a few weeks.

I'd rather just keep getting my two day prime delivery. That's why I originally got Prime in the first place.

Dean
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 10:58 AM   #90
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
It doesn't show anywhere, I looked at that spot too. I think this is one of those invisible credits you get applied as soon as a book ins purchased. I
Sadly, these book/ebook credits are about the only ones that don't have a way to check (whole categories, I mean; other than some specialty credits). MP3, video, app - they all have a way to check. And here I thought Amazon was, first, a book seller.
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote