Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-06-2008, 12:34 PM   #1
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Smile Can you help my son?

I hope this isn't thought of as SPAM because I think of many of you as "family". If it is out of line I would understand if the admins deleted it.

My 17yo son is running in the Relay for Life of the American Cancer Society. He is running with his High School Jr. ROTC team. He is looking for donations. Anything at all will help and is appreciated. I thank you all in advance.

Here is my son's webpage on the ACS web site.

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/Re...167&px=6608377

Thank you so much.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 01:00 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
A great cause
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2008, 07:17 AM   #3
spooky69
Stats:
spooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505
Bump. Put your dollars up, you people who are posting ON A WEBSITE DEDICATED SPECIFICALLY TO LUXURY GOODS.
spooky69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:50 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Thanks folks. The relay is tonight so it would be great if any more of you could help. You can make a donation online with a Credit Card... takes about 3 minutes. Even $5 or $10 helps. Very few people are not touched by cancer at some time in their life.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 04:54 PM   #5
spooky69
Stats:
spooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505
My bank account is literally empty or I would give you a couple of bucks. If it makes you feel any better my last donation to charity was like 80 cents in change (including three quarters, which are actually worth money) to what I recall being an ACS jar at my local grocery store. I know that is not much but it was all of the money I had on me, so that is what I did. I would encourage all you rich people to throw some stacks down and then double it, or go make a donation to the charitable organization of your choice. You can even just go and click on this page and it will actually do something:
http://www.thehungersite.com/
And straight up? I even think some of the stuff they sell on there is not tacky and in fact most of it is pretty cool and if you buy the crazy things they sell on there you make a modest donation at the same time. So throw in your three quarters which is a new thing I am coming up with like when people add $.44 to Hillary Clinton donations and it is kind of a hook that you can use. I am also donating that story about me giving three quarters to you guys and you can use it yourselves and say it was you and I don't have a problem with that as long as you are using it to convince people to give to charitable causes and not just to impress chicks or something like that. Anyway, I put in my three quarters...did you? Even if you are like "I give to United Way through my work" usually when people ask you for money, if you really art trying to impress chicks that will not sound nearly as cool as "I donated to cancer research through the son of a guy on the mobile reading device forums." or "I bought these trippy candle-holders because of this link from this one guy who was posting in the thread about the son of the guy from the mobile reading device forums and this was all in relation to cancer research but I gave my money to rainforest [this is the most important one on that site and the measurements for your act of kindness are more satisfying since it talks about area saved as opposed to like 'you just bought a 2 pound bag of rice' which just makes me grossed out thinking about having to eat all that rice whereas if you made a big donation and protected a football field-sized area of rainforest land you could be like, 'well i don't even like rice but that sounds like a place where i could play frisbee if there werent so many plants and gross bugs!'] because I like toucans. The best part is not even the donation, though; the best part is getting another thing to keep in my house! These candle holders take up at least .05 cubic feet and that's a pretty big amount of space if you factor in that there's an entire space around a candle holder where you can't even put things and that space gets a lot bigger when you actually have a candle it since it's taller and plus it's on fire and might set other things on fire. But look at these things, here, they look really sturdy and so you could even set a newspaper down next to to a candle burning in here and I would feel almost perfectly safe since they look like they will hold a candle really snugly and not even let it tip even if the candle was bumped really hard."
Anyway, this is all just hypothetical but open those wallets and give your three quarters - I did.
spooky69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert