Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 10-03-2010, 02:25 AM   #1
CW Johnson
CW Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CW Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CW Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CW Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CW Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CW Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CW Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CW Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CW Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CW Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CW Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod
Smile The Son Of Man by CW Johnson

I would like to introduce to you my new novel The Son of Man. It is available free of charge in all eBook formats at Smashwords.com

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/666

and in serialized podcast format at Podiobooks.com.

http://www.podiobooks.com/title/the-son-of-man/

I invite you to consider: Imagine they set out to clone The Son of God...Imagine they succeed...

Overview

The Holy Blood Altar, an elaborate shrine whose centerpiece is said to contain three drops of Jesus Christ’s blood, has for centuries adorned the west choir within the walls of a small, unassuming Catholic cathedral in Rothenberg, Germany. From the time of the Middle Ages the cathedral was little more than a tiny rest stop along the pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela until an amazing confirmation was made there. The capsule within the shrine did indeed contain human blood.

When the blood was tested and found to match a sample of tissue taken from the Shroud of Turin, the Vatican, fearing desecration of the altar, immediately put an end to all testing and ordered the story suppressed. A powerful group of Catholic clergymen, believing their intervention would bring about the second coming of Christ, defy the Church. Starting small at first and building in numbers, they, together with prominent financial and political figures, resurrect an ancient, covert alliance known as ‘In hoc signo vinces.’ (In this, be victorious.)
Although forbidden by both papal and international law, the group has but one goal: with the budding new science of bio-reanimation, it plans to clone Jesus Christ, regardless the cost.

Maria Rose, legendary UCLA campus beauty, is chosen to be the surrogate mother. Staggeringly beautiful, she is also strong willed and conniving, pulling fellow student Todd Riley into the fray in order to fulfill a ‘Vinces’ stipulation: The child must have both a surrogate mother and father.

From the moment the project begins, strange things start to happen:

Nobel laureate Doctor James Donahue, who vehemently rejected any involvement in the project, has a supernatural visitation in his hotel room.

A homeless, delusional schizophrenic inexplicably finds clarity, proclaims himself the champion of the only begotten son of the father, and becomes Brother Michael, a force to be reckoned with.

A man in the final stages of rabies sits up in his hospital bed and delivers an ominous message, which is followed by a monstrous, worldwide earthquake.

............................................Reviews…...........................................

Spoiler:
..............................Reviews taken from Smashwords.com…...........................

Review by: buck Neves on Feb. 27, 2009 :
One of the best books I have read. A real page turner.I WILL read it again! Look out S.K., A new sheriff is in town!!

Review by: Brad griffin Griffin on Feb. 13, 2009 :
I have been enjoying this novel very much! It’s a nail biter.

Review by: KaLee Hostetler on Feb. 12, 2009 :
This is a surprisingly captivating novel! I downloaded the sample and I couldn’t put it down! I HIGHLY recommend it!! I give it FIVE stars!!!

Review by: readergirl on Feb. 12, 2009 :
Set some time aside because you won’t be able to put this one down! Definately five stars!!!

Review by: Kelli Grim on Feb. 10, 2009 :
Charles Johnson has an amazing insight into the symbolic writings of the Book of Revelation and has not only written a book that is feasible, he has written it to be highly exciting and gritty. I give this book five stars.

Review by: Francis Porretto on Jul. 18, 2010 :
Despite its several flaws, this book has a lot to like.
The book’s virtues flow from its audacious premises. Considering how ardently modern writers have searched for really original, really bold ideas, it’s a wonder this one hadn’t been used before. Mr. Johnson has walked an untrodden path.
The plot is more than adequately complex, and given the major premise, quite believable. (Okay, there’s a lot of willing-suspension-of-disbelief required, but hey, it isn’t a documentary.) There are one or two places where a bit of doubt creeps in—How the Vinces got access to the blood capsule and the Shroud; how the villains got (the original) Dr. Oliver “inside;” why the flight to Sydney returned to the United States—but overall, it works well; the gears mesh without grinding.
The characterizations, while generally good, aren’t quite perfect. Todd needed more development; as matters stand, he doesn’t quite come off. (Why, for instance, did he quit medical school? Why was he willing to resume a sexless “romance” with frigid and un-loving Maria?) It was possible to do a better job on Maria with less this-is-me directly from her mouth. On the other side of the ledger, Benjamin Santana, the story’s main villain, is under-characterized; he needed more time on-camera than he got. Strangely enough, the major figure who was best developed was the enigmatic and powerful Brother Michael. However, the Supporting Cast was, in the main, handled well.
Probably the weakest aspect of the book is stylistic. There are a great many errors of spelling and punctuation; in particular, Mr. Johnson doesn’t use the comma properly. Also, given the premises, a much less colloquial tone would have been better, both in the straight narrative and in the dialogue. But the plot carries the day.
Because of the missteps in characterization and style, if it were possible to award 4.5 stars, I would, but today I’m “rounding up.” Well done!

.................Review from 5 times published playwright Richard Johnson................
Why isn’t this book on the New york times best seller list? I couldn’t put it down. I love a novel where, even though it’s fiction, the facts are straight. You not only enjoy the book but you learn something. Who would have thought the best novel I’ve read in the last year, I found on Smashwords. I predict that this book will be a national best seller.
Richard Johnson
February 16, 2009 6:36 PM

...................................Reviews from Podiobooks.com…..................................
Dottie Says:
August 17th, 2010 at 12:06 pm
This book is FANTASTIC! Love everything about it!
Also like that you can hear the page turning as he reads. Very unique.

Tristen Says:
August 23rd, 2010 at 6:13 am
I completely ripped through this novel. It was so captivating. So well read, voice acting was superb. I would not change a single thing, I have no negative feedback. Nothing that I would do differently or like to see differently. Amazing characters. Amazing plot. Amazing writer. Amazing reader. Amazing work of fiction. Simply amazing.

Carey Says:
August 26th, 2010 at 7:36 am
This is one of the best books that I have listened to. Totally captivating from the first chapter. This author is a gifted story teller and illustrator that brings the story to life. CW has found his talent and I am thankful for that.

Joe Says:
August 26th, 2010 at 9:13 am
Excellent book, captivating from start to finish.

Blair Says:
September 2nd, 2010 at 4:56 pm
I have loved listening to this book. It is so well written and read. This is so outside of my usual reading genre that I probably never would have tried it if I had not read all of these great reviews. I will always pick up any book by this author.

Dave Says:
September 4th, 2010 at 7:01 pm
Wow. This book is awesome. Download it right now.

dave1 Says:
September 7th, 2010 at 5:43 pm
Very good book. The reading was very good. The story kept my attention. I would recommend it to anyone. I am looking forward to read the second part to see where the story goes from here. I hope you have an audio version soon. Having said that I will also have to say that the ending was predictable, though I expected it to be a bit more dramatic that it was. Also I will say that you used a lot of literary license in the use of technology. I don’t think that we have technology at the present that can anywhere near match what you expect it to do.

Melanie Says:
September 8th, 2010 at 2:07 pm
I got this off of Itunes and I cannot begin to tell you how much I LOVED this story. I was expecting not to like it but just Chris said its not a “religious” book. Man oh man I can’t wait to listen to the second one!!

cynikat Says:
September 12th, 2010 at 9:46 pm
Great book. great story to get pulled in by. I would love to get the 2nd book, son of man 2. Will you have it available in audio format?

..............................Reviews from iTunes Podcasts…...............................

Five star rating from Lisa8137-Aug 29,2010
The BEST story EVER!!!
I have to say, if you suffer from insomnia and listen to audiobooks to help you fall asleep like I do, then this is NOT the book for you!!!! I lay awake for three nights unable to shut my iPod off! This story had me on the edge of my seat every night till dawn! Before I knew it the sun was coming up and it was time to start a new day. This has been the BEST free audiobook I’ve listened to to date!

Five star rating from Thunderchild70-Aug 29,2010
Exellent!
First class writing and narration. Thoroughly enjoyed this. Good production and a great storyline combined with an interesting concept. Very well done.
Five star rating from Melanie3-sept 8,2010
Wow just wow
This was the best story I have ever listened to. It was so hard to put down everyday when I left work.
I can’t say enough just how much I loved this.

Last edited by dreams; 10-11-2010 at 11:45 PM. Reason: spoiler added to shorten post
CW Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:36 AM   #2
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Also a thread about this book here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=100637
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:07 PM   #3
CW Johnson
CW Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CW Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CW Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CW Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CW Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CW Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CW Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CW Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CW Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CW Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CW Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod
Just a little update... The Son of Man now at Amazon.com Kindle

Imagine they set out to clone The Son of God...
Imagine they succeed...

'The Son of Man' series By CW Johnson!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...cm_cd_asin_lnk
I would love for you to check out my 'The Son of Man' series by CW Johnson. So far it is a series of three books with more coming soon. I'm excited about the series because it is getting absolutely rave reviews in both Podcast and ebook format from Smashwords, Apple iBooks, Barnes and Nobel, Diesel, iTunes podcast, Podiobooks...etc. See all the details on reviews, links and anything else you might want to know at: http://sonofman1.com/
'The Son of Man 2, Elders of Zion' (the third book in the series) is currently the top overall rated Podiobook at Podiobooks.com as of 12/23/10 ("A list of the titles their members have voted as the best overall.") The books: 'The Son of Man,' The Son of Man 1.5, Into the Flames' and 'The Son of Man 2, Elders of Zion' are new to Amazon Kindle. Book one and two are only a buck (Amazon made me charge at least $.99) Book one is free at Smashwords.
Thanks again and please check the series out at: http://sonofman1.com/

Last edited by CW Johnson; 12-24-2010 at 07:10 PM.
CW Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote