Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 09-03-2010, 06:24 PM   #1
tbfont
tbfont began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Question My computer won't recognize my Sony PRS-300

I have had my Sony PRS-300 for a couple of months. When I first got it, I was too excited to wait to use at home, so I brought it to work with me and set everthing up. I bought a book and downloaded a couple of free books from Google. Everything was great - I loved it!! Then I brought it home and tried to set it up there and my PC would not recognize it. I contacted Sony for help and they walked me through all of the resets, but nothing worked. Today I tried the hard reset and it still doesnt work - and I have lost all of my books until I am at work again(hopefuly I can put them back on it there)!! What to do....is it my computer or is that I cannot use my ereader with more than one PC? Can anyone help me??????
tbfont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 03:39 PM   #2
Nick Singh
Nick Singh began at the beginning.

Device: PRS500
I had a very similar problem with my PRS 505. The problem was with my USB ports. I fixed the problem by installing a new USB card in my pc, this does not mean you may have the same problem.

Are you using the same USB cable when connect to different computers, i.e. is the problem with the cable you are using ?

Have you tried a different USB port on your PC ?

Does you PC work with other USB devices, could your PC be using other USB devices which prevent your device from being recognized ?

Last edited by Nick Singh; 09-04-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Nick Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2010, 09:38 AM   #3
tbfont
tbfont began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Nick,
I am using the same USB cable when I use it on other computers and it works fine. I have tried other USB ports on my pc at home, but none work.
I did try to my MP3 the other day and I got a message that it was not recognized, so I guess it is my UEB port. I guess I need to try what you did and install a new USB card.
Thank you so much for your response....I will let you know if that worked for me!
tbfont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 04:52 PM   #4
Nick Singh
Nick Singh began at the beginning.

Device: PRS500
Before you buy a new USB card, see if you can connecting to your computer via a powered USB hub (best if you can lend one from a friend). There can also be a power problem with your PRS 300 drawning too much power via your USB port, this happens with older laptops quite frequently.

Last edited by Nick Singh; 09-12-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Nick Singh is offline   Reply With Quote