Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-30-2010, 09:17 AM   #1
thadiyan
Enthusiast
thadiyan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard & Kindle Touch
Refurbished K3s

I know this is a bit premature to discuss this, but can any of the regulars here guess when the first batch of refurbished k3 will be on the warehousedeals.com site?, but hope springs eternal.

I know the law prevents Amazon from reselling the returned units back as a "new" unit.
thadiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:08 AM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Generally, refurbished units don't start appearing until just before the release of a newer model.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2010, 10:52 AM   #3
thadiyan
Enthusiast

Well that can't be true, as I purchased my K2 US the last quarter of 2009.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Generally, refurbished units don't start appearing until just before the release of a newer model.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:55 PM   #4
questionfear
Connoisseur
questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadiyan View Post
Probably not until there's a critical mass of them. Even if 10% of the K3s bought in the first wave get sent back, Amazon may wait until they have enough to sustain a good "buzz worthy" sale. They'll also probably wait until stock of NEW k3's is stable and in-stock consistently.

Just my spitballed take...I'd say the earliest would be November, but maybe not until after Christmas?
questionfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:58 PM   #5
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
Refurbs? Geeze ... just cancel the next five or ten trips to Starbucks and use the saved money to purchase a brand new one. (grin)
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2010, 01:30 PM   #6
thadiyan
Enthusiast

Thanks for your insight, seems like the most plausible explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by questionfear View Post
Probably not until there's a critical mass of them. Even if 10% of the K3s bought in the first wave get sent back, Amazon may wait until they have enough to sustain a good "buzz worthy" sale. They'll also probably wait until stock of NEW k3's is stable and in-stock consistently.

Just my spitballed take...I'd say the earliest would be November, but maybe not until after Christmas?
Old 08-30-2010, 01:31 PM   #7
thadiyan
Enthusiast

No starbucks for me, I roast, grind & brew my own coffee at home :-). Have to look at some other savings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintbradford View Post
Refurbs? Geeze ... just cancel the next five or ten trips to Starbucks and use the saved money to purchase a brand new one. (grin)
Old 08-30-2010, 01:35 PM   #8
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
Sorry for the poor attempt at humor ... But the price is at an amazing point for the Kindle3 right now. I'd hate to see you NOT enjoy one - as you wait for a few months to save, what?, twenty bucks or so?
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:52 PM   #9
thadiyan
Enthusiast

I do agree the price point is great, but I already do have a K2 and it is adequate for my daily reading needs. I have plans to gift the K2 to 1 of my cousins during the holidays later this year, so right now I am just drooling about the K3 and anticipating the the availability of refurbs some time in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintbradford View Post
Sorry for the poor attempt at humor ... But the price is at an amazing point for the Kindle3 right now. I'd hate to see you NOT enjoy one - as you wait for a few months to save, what?, twenty bucks or so?
Old 08-30-2010, 02:47 PM   #10
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadiyan View Post
At which point the latest version (the K2i) was already out/coming out (it shipped Oct. 19th, 2009).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:44 PM   #11
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
There were refurbed K1's before the K2 was announced. There will be refurbs for the K3. It might take a while since they use refurbs to replace units and will initially use the returned units for that purpose.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote