Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-06-2012, 12:10 AM   #1
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Firmware 2.0.4

Kobo has released v 2.0.4 of the firmware to the so-called Down Under Touches.

But has released no information about this release or what's in it, or even why it was released.

The only information we have is the URL for the firmware download, which contains the word 'intermediate' where the firmware codename usually goes.

Can Kobo please give us some information on this release. And when we can expect to be able to install 2.1.4.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:18 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I *think* that the 2.0.4 was required to lay the ground work for 2.1.4 on some versions of the touch.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2012, 12:42 AM   #3
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
I have managed to get 2.1.4 manually installed, after my touch was updated to 2.0.4.

Haven't tried to godirectly from 2.0.0c to 2.1.4.

While the new Desktop updated the Touch to 2.0.4, it wouldn't go past that.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:22 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I have posted this elsewhere, but this is a good place for it to reside.

Some of the Touch's from last year have a factory firmware that does not allow updating past 2.0.0. Kobo have investigated why and are releasing an intermediate firmware to solve this. This is 2.0.4. So, to get past firmware 2.0.0, 2.0.4 needs to be installed. Once this is done, 2.1.4 can be installed safely.

Most of these Touch's seem to have been sold in Australia late last year.

As of 05/10/2012, Kobo have released 2.0.4 to these devices. I don't know if they are doing this by information about the device, or an IP address restriction. I suspect it is the latter as there has been a report of 2.0.4 going to an Australian that had a more recent device.

From what I can find out, they will be rolling out 2.1.4 on Tuesday. That will be Tuesday in Canada, so Tuesday evening in Australia.

If you can't wait, the manual upgrade from 2.0.4 to 2.1.4 is safe, but not supported by Kobo. But, if you suspect you have one of the "problem" devices and don't have 2.0.4, don't try it. It will not work and you will probably need to do a factory reset to recover.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:17 AM   #5
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Thanks for this, David. I think it must be regional, as I got my Kobo from Borders in the US just after it was released and before Borders shut up shop. I also have 2.0.4 downloaded, and when I click on View for the details of the update, it just gives that for 2.0.0, as others have also reported.

We'll just have to wait patiently until Tuesday evening or Wednesday!
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert