Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-26-2012, 05:33 PM   #1
Zeke
Zeke began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
BASIC programming

Does anyone know of any free ebooks about programming especially for the Amstrad 464?
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:02 PM   #2
pdops
Zealot
pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: Kobo Touch
onlineprogrammingbooks.com
pdops is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2012, 10:06 AM   #3
frankelr
frankelr doesn't litterfrankelr doesn't litter

Device: k3kb, KTso, Nook ST
Paper Books are "better"for learning programming skills

Hi,
My own experience is that paper books are easier to use, when educating ones
self about programming. I dont know what country you are from but in the US there are a few large used book seller collectives, "ABES" and Alibis" come to mind. The prices for computer books are very cheap, in fact the highest cost is for shipping. I just purchased two volumes, one about Visual Basic and another for SQL for only $7.00.

Bob
frankelr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #4
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
Does anyone know of any free ebooks about programming especially for the Amstrad 464?

Amstrad 464? Seriously? Just out of curiosity, what is prompting this question?
Is programming a 464 something you are likely to do?

Did you look here:
http://www.cpcwiki.eu
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:57 PM   #5
Zeke
Zeke began at the beginning.

I had an Amstrad 464 in the seventies and I have just downloaded Winape32; I just like the old Arnold!
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2012, 04:03 PM   #6
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Amstrad 464? Seriously? Just out of curiosity, what is prompting this question?
I felt like I had gone back in time... I did a double take for a moment.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:04 PM   #7
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
I had an Amstrad 464 in the seventies and I have just downloaded Winape32; I just like the old Arnold!
Wow... time travel much? Not only are you asking about how to program the thing almost 30 years after it was released, you apparently had it 10 years before it was released!
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:19 PM   #8
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
All the chatter got me interested and I dug around to find out what machine this was. Being from the US, it's a bit of an alien to my experience. I did find this link on the 464's Locomotive BASIC.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote