Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-05-2012, 03:35 AM   #46
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
So far she seems reasonably well behaved, only bawls when she has good reason. Unfortunately, Krittika has developed some complications from the epidural (post dural puncture headache), so it looks like we will be stuck in the hospital for the rest of the week.

Her name is Kinara, which is the Hindi word for "Edge" or "Shoreline".

Thank you for all the good wishes.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:40 AM   #47
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Congrats and good luck with the headaches...

I must say, I love the name.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2012, 05:17 AM   #48
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Congratulation to you and Krittikas first edition. This is a wonderful name. Hope, everything will go in the right direction with Krittika.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:02 AM   #49
onedot3
Nameless Being

Congratulations
Old 03-05-2012, 06:07 AM   #50
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
So far she seems reasonably well behaved, only bawls when she has good reason.
Do not listen to horror stories about babies bawling all night long.
When my first daughter came home, I couldn't sleep all night long. I was deeply worried if she is all right and I checked often how she is breathing. I just couldn't believe that babies *can* sleep most of the night ;-)
By the way, there is special product that I have rented for the first few months for my second kid. It is a large sensor pad where you place the baby when [s]he sleeps. The pad monitors the breathing and [I think] heart beat and starts alarm when it can't detect it. Do NOT forget to switch it off then you pick up the baby to breastfeed or change diapers ;-).
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2012, 10:19 AM   #51
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:47 AM   #52
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
Congratulations on the new addition to your family.
MSWallack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:46 PM   #53
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Do not listen to horror stories about babies bawling all night long.
When my first daughter came home, I couldn't sleep all night long. I was deeply worried if she is all right and I checked often how she is breathing. I just couldn't believe that babies *can* sleep most of the night ;-)
By the way, there is special product that I have rented for the first few months for my second kid. It is a large sensor pad where you place the baby when [s]he sleeps. The pad monitors the breathing and [I think] heart beat and starts alarm when it can't detect it. Do NOT forget to switch it off then you pick up the baby to breastfeed or change diapers ;-).
That would have been so nice - our first baby we did the same thing - always worrying she'd stop breathing at night or something when she didn't wake us up.

Best piece of advice for little babies - SLEEP WHEN THE BABY SLEEPS! Don't be tempted to "finish up that TV show" or whatever. Nap when you can get it
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:44 AM   #54
anfisco
anfisco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.anfisco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.anfisco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.anfisco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.anfisco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.anfisco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.anfisco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.anfisco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.anfisco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.anfisco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.anfisco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: kindle 3
Welcome to Kinara and best wishes to all.
anfisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:50 PM   #55
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
We're a calibre family

I couldn't get Kinara to hold still long enough for the writing on her onesy to be clear, it has the calibre logo and Baby on it - "Calibre baby"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre_kin.jpeg
Views:	350
Size:	727.6 KB
ID:	83549  
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:52 PM   #56
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
We're a calibre family

I couldn't get Kinara to hold still long enough for the writing on her onesy to be clear, it has the calibre logo and Baby on it - "Calibre baby"
Now, that's just awesome!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:54 PM   #57
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Yes, it is. Hopefully the first of many, though I'm sure Krittika will kill me for saying so
If she does, I call dibs on all your readers.

Kinara is so cute. She'll be reading in no time.

Last edited by JSWolf; 03-06-2012 at 12:56 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:17 PM   #58
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Beautiful girl. I can tell you're a proud dad!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:09 PM   #59
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
What a head of hair she has! She's gorgeous. Congratulations
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #60
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Cool. Congratulations!
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote