Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-03-2011, 10:53 PM   #1
ron1959
Connoisseur
ron1959 began at the beginning.

Device: potential kobo vox owner
What are some good games?

Can you recommend any good games or versions of games?
I'm also curious if the vox can handle high speed type action games like car racing, etc.
I'd really like to hear your opinion of using the vox as a game tablet....I think my Mom might like it since she really likes different kinds of games....
ron1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:02 AM   #2
spikexp
Connoisseur
spikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Vox
Angry bird...
spikexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2011, 01:56 AM   #3
Anjohl
Zealot
Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Cut the rope and baseball 2011 are great.
Anjohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:36 AM   #4
jefftheworld
Groupie
jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Vox
Just got a few games from github which I'm currently trying out but I've also loaded some free market games that I had on my phone that I can recommend (and since they're free I don't mind giving apks to those who ask):

Robotek
EVAC
Radiant
Graviturn
Alchemy
The Moron Test
Refraction

Search those up to grab descriptions, some of them are available as apks through getjar, others I'm not so sure.

I've also got a series of emulators that are working great on the Vox:

Tiger Arcade (MAME emulator)
Tiger GBA (Game Boy Advance)
Tiger GBC (Game Boy Colour)
Tiger Genesis (Sega Genesis)
Tiger NES (Nintendo)
Tiger SNES (Super Nintendo)

These don't include games, you'll need ROM images of each game you want to play and it's illegal to own ROM images of games you have not paid for. However, assuming you have a huge collection of cartridge games you'll be able to play a lot of great games with your Vox.

I recommend slower paced games, since using the virtual controller on a touch screen is less than ideal, but it's really not too bad on the Vox. Better than on my phone, really.
jefftheworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:20 PM   #5
msxman
Enthusiast
msxman began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox, kindle 2
plants vs. zombies and puzzle quest! both on apktop
msxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert