Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-26-2011, 06:31 AM   #1
lego1
lego1 began at the beginning.

Device: sony 350
Does sonystyle do price adjustments?

I bought my PRS-350 right before they droped the price by $20. I bought it at a sonystyle store. I am wondering if I bring in the receipt will they do a price adjustment? I know some stores do things like this but I have never shopped with sony before.

Thanks, Jen
lego1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:43 AM   #2
goldmantx
goldmantx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Me too...

I emailed them yesterday as the same thing happened to me...I'll let you know if I get an answer....
goldmantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2011, 05:44 PM   #3
goldmantx
goldmantx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Found this....

On their website:

Shop with confidence at Sony Style.

As the 'Direct from Sony' business, we want you to shop with the knowledge that you are getting great products, great service and great value. When you buy from Sony your purchase is backed with a 30 day price assurance policy. This is just one of our many programs and services designed to create convenient and customer friendly experiences for all of our customers.

Price Assurance Policy.

If you have already purchased a product from Sony Style and find a lower price for that exact same product at any Sony Style venue or Sony authorized reseller within 30 days, contact the Sony Style location where you purchased the product and we will refund you the difference.

If you are ready to purchase a Sony product and find that exact same product in-stock and advertised at a lower price at any Sony Style venue or Sony authorized reseller let us know and we'll offer you a similar price.

Just provide us the proof of price while that price is in effect to get an adjustment.
goldmantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:33 AM   #4
mbelec
Addict
mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, Ipad 3
Well, we'll see if they'll truly honor this. I purchased a PRS350 for my daughter 1-6-11 for $179.88, then applied a $50 coupon for a trade-in item. Then I saw the reader at Best Buy for $139.99 and called Sonystyle. The 350 I had purchased had not even shipped yet and they wouldn't honor the lower price. Something about "when we have an item on sale, we will not honor another seller's sale price." They refunded me $10, but wouldn't budge otherwise. I did email them today about their price of $129.99 online and will see what they say.
mbelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:54 PM   #5
mbelec
Addict
mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, Ipad 3
Well. They do honor price matches. Here's my reply to my email asking them to match the current price:
"I have reviewed your request, and since you made a purchase last 01/06/2011 the item you bought from Sony Style is eligible for price match, because we have a 30 days price assurance policy.
I will make a request for an approval to credit $50.00 on your credit card account. Please allow us 3 to 7 business days for the processing of your credit, and it will reflect on your account within 1 to 2 billing cycles."
mbelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2011, 08:56 PM   #6
lego1
lego1 began at the beginning.

Device: sony 350
Thanks. I have the new Best Buy ad and I will birng it in along with my sonystyle receipt and see what they say. Sounds like I will get a $20 price adjustment. The Best Buy ad is now including a free case with the purchase of any ereader so I will see if they will through in a free case too. That would be great!

Jen.
lego1 is offline   Reply With Quote