Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 02-10-2016, 02:15 PM   #61
connie2000
Connoisseur
connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Fire HD 6", PW2, sony 950, Fire Phone, kindle fire HDX 9, Huawei Mate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumadona View Post
Bottom line - if you do any custom sorting in your collections, OS 5 will cause problems. If you have collections with Docs in them, you wont't see them unless you download them. I think most people won't find this an issue, but it's back to OS 4 for me.
How do you go back to OS 4?
connie2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 06:08 PM   #62
zebradude
Addict
zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by connie2000 View Post
How do you go back to OS 4?
Well you can try following the instructions using the proper download link for your device.

Now saying that most likely Amazon will just resend the 5.1.1. update to "fix" it.

its funny as I would give my left leg to get the update...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...e_sb_swupdates
zebradude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2016, 06:17 PM   #63
connie2000
Connoisseur
connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebradude View Post
Well you can try following the instructions using the proper download link for your device.

Now saying that most likely Amazon will just resend the 5.1.1. update to "fix" it.

its funny as I would give my left leg to get the update...

Thank you. Guess I will just have to get used to it. Hope you get your update soon.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:05 PM   #64
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by connie2000 View Post
Thank you. Guess I will just have to get used to it. Hope you get your update soon.
You can downgrade https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=201980430. You will have to factory reset first though.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:24 PM   #65
zebradude
Addict
zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
You can downgrade https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=201980430. You will have to factory reset first though.
Great Find!

Advert
Old 02-11-2016, 09:49 AM   #66
connie2000
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Thank you very much.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:50 PM   #67
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumadona View Post

Bottom line - if you do any custom sorting in your collections, OS 5 will cause problems. If you have collections with Docs in them, you wont't see them unless you download them. I think most people won't find this an issue, but it's back to OS 4 for me.
That would cause a problem for me, and explained some issues I had when I wanted to borrow hubbys HD6 for a trip to the hospital.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 09:32 PM   #68
Plumadona
Groupie
Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle HD6, Kindle PW2, Sony PRS-T1, Nook NE1
I'm waiting to see if the same problem comes up with the PW update

Plumadona
Plumadona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:21 PM   #69
zebradude
Addict

OMG!

Amazon has finally posted the Fire 5.1.1 updates!!!

WOO HOO!
Old 02-15-2016, 09:44 PM   #70
zebradude
Addict

and to confirm for our HDX 7 friends (me too) Amazon has just the old update listed.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:45 PM   #71
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
My Fire6 is currently updating. Its taking forever and it came by itself so I'll see. If it ever gets done that is.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:31 PM   #72
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
and to confirm for our HDX 7 friends (me too) Amazon has just the old update listed.
Yep, only 4th and 5th Gen devices get OS 5. My 3rd gen HDX 8.9 is also left out in the cold.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:33 PM   #73
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
OMG!

Amazon has finally posted the Fire 5.1.1 updates!!!
Yay! Thanks! Manually updating my HD7 right now. I've been checking for updates twice a day for over a week so now I can stop obsessing over it. I'm really loving 5 on my new HD8 so I'll be glad to have it on the 7.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:38 PM   #74
zebradude
Addict

I just finished updating my HD6 & HDX 8.9 and I love it. I have been waiting for Night Shade!
Old 02-15-2016, 11:06 PM   #75
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
'Bout time! Download is reallllllyyyyy slllllloooooowwwww for some reason.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote