Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-07-2017, 06:44 PM   #1111
lapasta
lapasta began at the beginning.

Device: KT2
Answering my own problem:
The second problem (error when using "Export all notes in your library") was related to the language of the "My Clippings.txt" file.
I had to change the clip.lua to take into account that the note type and the dates were in Portuguese instead of English.
I am not an expert in lua, so I don't know how I could make it more general to different languages.
It is working fine now.

On the other hand, "Export all notes in this book" is still only creating empty notes on Evernote, I still couldn't fix it.
lapasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 07:04 PM   #1112
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Should be alright.
Portuguese is the native language of the author(s) of Lua.
Lua should feel right at home.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2017, 06:07 AM   #1113
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapasta View Post
Am I doing something wrong? Or I am mistaken on expecting that older notes and highlights from the native reader would be exported too?
I don't really know much about the Evernote functionality (nor, for that matter, about Kindle), but unless there is some specific platform integration this wouldn't be the case.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 04:35 PM   #1114
Biep
Enthusiast
Biep began at the beginning.

Device: Tobo Touch 2.0; Kobo Aura One
A small thing, but..

Settings for the history display mode can be set in the menu of the file manager - which is very counter-intuitive. History display itself has no drop-down menu, which is counter-intuitive too. I'd like to be able to set lots of properties of the history display, on the menu of the display itself.
In fact, that display could be much more general than just history, if we get a say on what to show in what order. My favourite would be: show all documents, sorted as {favourites, sorted by amount of favour} ++ {partially read, by decreasing percentage read} ++ {unread} ++ {read}. That would help me make progress in finishing books and articles while keeping special important documents at the top.

--

Something else: I use Calibre, and have my documents stored under D/{author_sort}/{title}. With many hundreds of articles, this has become quite unwieldy, so I'd like to switch to D/{author_sort[0]}/{author_sort}/{title} - but then I'd really very much like to have all the single-letter folders on one page, in multiple columns / tiled. So the start page would show the full alphabet (plus maybe some extra characters in foreign names), and clicking on one letter would then give me the traditional list view of authors having names starting with that letter. Would it be possible to do that - now, or in a soonish future version?
Biep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 05:52 PM   #1115
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biep View Post
- - - - -
Would it be possible to do that - now, or in a soonish future version?
Of course it is.
Here is the public repository of the source:
https://github.com/koreader/koreader

Just follow the usual open source code submission dance -
Clone that repo ...
Make the code changes until it works like you want ...
Push that version of the code to your own (free) repository ...
Submit a pull request to the KOreader project people.
Advert
Old 02-02-2019, 04:09 AM   #1116
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Most of that would be fairly hard to do though, except maybe for multiple columns (for which there effectively exists example code).

Note that if you like a show all documents type of view you could also look into Plato. It'll only work out if you have good metadata of course (which I do not).
Old 02-22-2019, 08:11 AM   #1117
x23are
x23are began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite 2
hi
in my koreader last version(2019.2) the Arabic or Persian (RTL language) book title show wrong.
how can i fix it?
i updated it today. previous version show it correctly.
x23are is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 10:42 AM   #1118
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by x23are View Post
hi
in my koreader last version(2019.2) the Arabic or Persian (RTL language) book title show wrong.
how can i fix it?
i updated it today. previous version show it correctly.
Doctor, Doctor, it hurts when I do "...."
So don't do that.

Revert to the prior version of KOReader.
Old 02-22-2019, 10:54 AM   #1119
Frenzie
Wizard

Is this in the file browser? Do you perhaps have a filename or title to reproduce the problem with?
Old 02-24-2019, 09:49 AM   #1120
Frozenium
Frozenium began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hello. I can not download books on opds by addresses.
coollib.com/opds
flibustahezeous3.onion.link/opds

catalog navigation works. something can be done to make it work? Can I do something to make it work? thank!
Frozenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 02:04 PM   #1121
Frenzie
Wizard

Um, also see here.
Old 03-10-2019, 06:00 AM   #1122
philmagic59
philmagic59 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
Help ! Synchronisation of progress in a book

Hello.
I am french, and noone respond to my question in french section of Koreader forum. So I write in this section now...
I have just experienced Koreader, and I am absolutely delighted. I will not return to the original system of my Kobo. The programmers did a wonderful job.
I seem to have understood everything, even the recovery of books in the "cloud" on my Dropbox server..
But I still catch on one last point: how to synchronize the e-readers between them (I have two e-readers, and I installed Koreader on my "Galxy S8 plus" and my tablet "Tab S3"). This ability to synchronize the progress of the book in reading court pushed me to adopt Koreader. And the problem is this:
I can not connect to Koreader's server: "UNKNOWN SERVER ERROR"
If the server is not reachable, I see that there is in the menu a "Custom synchronization server" option, but I do not know how to use it ...
Would anyone be kind enough to give me detailed instructions on this subject? or at least confirm that the server is not working and that I am not a fool? Or that anyway, in the current state, the synchronization can not finish? I searched for specific answers to these questions and I did not find them. Or they were not detailed enough ...
If I get the solution, I get drunk and shout "victory" and I'm the happiest 71-year-old in the world.
A very big thank you in advance for a detailed answer or an interesting and exhaustive reference.

cordially

Last edited by philmagic59; 03-10-2019 at 06:07 AM.
philmagic59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 06:19 AM   #1123
Frenzie
Wizard

Could it be an older part of the code that doesn't ask for wifi if it's disabled? The sync server is working fine as far as I can tell.

Custom is if you want to use your own so you're in full control of your own data. https://github.com/koreader/koreader-sync-server
Old 03-30-2019, 02:55 PM   #1124
e18281
e18281 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
all chinese(simplified and traditional) characters in epub and mobi files show up as question marks after updating koreader to v2019.03.01 on my kindle paperwhite 3. they were ok in the previous version. does anyone else have this problem?
edit:sorry. my bad. i used a font that is incompatible with chinese.

Last edited by e18281; 03-30-2019 at 08:49 PM.
e18281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 08:18 PM   #1125
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@e18281: Does setting the kerning to "best" help?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, koreader, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch