Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-30-2018, 11:32 AM   #511
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingfriendstar View Post
Is there still no way to get Vocabulary Builder working with KFX files? I love the enhanced typography and page flip of KFX format but sorely missing the VB function of AZW3.
I am not aware of any way to do this. My understanding is that Vocabulary Builder works only with books and personal documents that are linked to your Amazon account. It will not work with sideloaded books, including those converted using this plugin.

If anyone has come up with a work-around perhaps they will post it here.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 10:28 AM   #512
lovingfriendstar
lovingfriendstar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I am not aware of any way to do this. My understanding is that Vocabulary Builder works only with books and personal documents that are linked to your Amazon account. It will not work with sideloaded books, including those converted using this plugin.

If anyone has come up with a work-around perhaps they will post it here.
I'm not sure that your understanding is completely correct as it worked perfectly on sideloaded AZW3 on my Kindle which weren't linked to my Amazon account.

That said, I know a workaround either. I can't code in Python or do code analysis so I'm also stuck waiting for someone to stumble upon a solution... Thanks for the great work as always.
lovingfriendstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 05:40 AM   #513
Kaan88
Kaan88 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 3
Is it possible to prevent Kindle from changing thumbnails?
Kaan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 08:08 PM   #514
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaan88 View Post
Is it possible to prevent Kindle from changing thumbnails?
A kindle will download the cover thumbnail that matches the ASIN set for the book. You can prevent this by removing the ASIN identifiers from the book entry before conversion.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:44 AM   #515
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Version 1.23.0 - 11 Oct 2018

Detect Previewer versions up to 3.27 and remove support for Previewer versions older than 3.23. (Newer Previewer versions produce better results.)

Support additional KFX features.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:59 AM   #516
deleted2
Member Retired
deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Version 1.23.0 - 11 Oct 2018

Support additional KFX features.

May I ask what are those additional features?

Thanks.
deleted2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 03:07 AM   #517
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude_C View Post
May I ask what are those additional features?
The additional KFX features supported are those produced from CSS involving some background images, specifically:

background-size: contain
background-size: cover
background-image: url(name) /* when used on part of the text within a paragraph */
Old 10-19-2018, 01:51 PM   #518
koldfuzion
koldfuzion began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
I've been using this plugin for some time, and it's been great (especially being able to use the ragged right alignment). However, I've had one minor peeve that's been bothering me.

For some reason, if I have an unread book on my Kindle in the *.kfx format and I inadvertently click it, my Kindle shows 1% or 2% progress. Even if I flip the pages back to the cover, it still displays at 1% progress. Other formats, such as *.mobi seem to allow me to reset the reading progress to 0% if I move to the cover page, but for the *.kfx format, it seems to insist that I've progress 1%.

Is there something I'm doing wrong, or this just a limitation of converting to *.kfx? It's not a big problem, and honestly it's such a minor quibble and a small price to pay for ragged right alignment. I was just curious if there was a method of preventing this issue.
koldfuzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 04:02 PM   #519
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by koldfuzion View Post
For some reason, if I have an unread book on my Kindle in the *.kfx format and I inadvertently click it, my Kindle shows 1% or 2% progress. Even if I flip the pages back to the cover, it still displays at 1% progress.
That is just the way KFX format works. Books in that format purchased from Amazon behave the same way.
Old 10-21-2018, 07:15 AM   #520
NXEW
NXEW began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
do you have any other suggestion for convert to KFX in Linux distributions
NXEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:28 AM   #521
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXEW View Post
do you have any other suggestion for convert to KFX in Linux distributions
The conversion process uses Amazon's Kindle Previewer and that currently only runs under Windows and MacOS.

Someone would need to come up with a way to make the Previewer's conversion process run under Linux, perhaps using Wine. If that ever happens then I could most likely make the KFX Output plugin work in that environment.
Old 10-21-2018, 10:11 AM   #522
NXEW
NXEW began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Quote:
The conversion process uses Amazon's Kindle Previewer and that currently only runs under Windows and MacOS.

Someone would need to come up with a way to make the Previewer's conversion process run under Linux, perhaps using Wine. If that ever happens then I could most likely make the KFX Output plugin work in that environment.
thank you for your help
NXEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 06:17 PM   #523
mk12
mk12 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
A kindle will download the cover thumbnail that matches the ASIN set for the book. You can prevent this by removing the ASIN identifiers from the book entry before conversion.
Unfortunately this isn't working for me. Any other ideas? Even when I clear the ids field in metadata, my custom cover art is overwritten by one that's being downloaded from amzn servers.

What happens is I see the new book load on the kindle, with my own art, then in about 2-3 seconds, the unwanted art automatically downloads.
mk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:27 PM   #524
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk12 View Post
What happens is I see the new book load on the kindle, with my own art, then in about 2-3 seconds, the unwanted art automatically downloads.
I assume that you removed the IDs before you converted the book. If so then I don't know what could be causing this.

Try converting the book again and post the conversion log here. That might show something. (No longer needed. See below.)

Last edited by jhowell; 10-22-2018 at 10:02 AM.
Old 10-21-2018, 11:02 PM   #525
hengyu
Enthusiast
hengyu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk12 View Post
Unfortunately this isn't working for me. Any other ideas? Even when I clear the ids field in metadata, my custom cover art is overwritten by one that's being downloaded from amzn servers.

I had the same problem too for some books, managed to fix it by going to "edit book" and finding the ASIN in the metadata file and deleting it manually before conversion.

Somehow some of this stuff doesn't populate the IDs field in the UI.
hengyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kfx, linux, wine