Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-28-2018, 10:30 AM   #1
Justinbrow56
Justinbrow56 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paper White
Forgive me

How do I save my conversion log?

Trying to show my problem to potentially get some help.
Justinbrow56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 10:50 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Press ctrl+a to select all the text and ctrl+c to copy it to clipboard, from where you can paste iit into any word procesor/text editor
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 04:08 AM   #3
Justinbrow56

Attached is my log.
Attached Files
File Type: docx Log.docx (329.2 KB, 338 views)

Last edited by Justinbrow56; 10-03-2018 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Forgot attachment
Old 10-03-2018, 05:25 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Looks to me as if its treating every paragraph as a chapter, and that may overflow something. Have a look at the Structure detection settings, I would try setting the Detect chapters at (XPath expression): back to the factory defaults, which is:

Code:
//*[((name()='h1' or name()='h2') and re:test(., '\s*((chapter|book|section|part)\s+)|((prolog|prologue|epilogue)(\s+|$))', 'i')) or @class = 'chapter']
Added - Or maybe you styled every paragraph in Word as a Header 1 or 2, if so change them to Normal style

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 10-03-2018 at 05:30 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:41 PM   #5
Justinbrow56

BR,

Ive never actually had to change anything.... Im in the edit but have no idea how to do what youve suggested.