Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Windows Devices

Notices

Old 09-01-2014, 09:05 PM   #1
princeyann
princeyann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.princeyann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.princeyann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.princeyann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.princeyann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.princeyann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.princeyann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.princeyann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.princeyann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.princeyann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.princeyann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 3 and K4
Is there any Mobi reader with highlight support?

Hi,

I'm Yann, nice to meet you. I have been reading this forum for some time, only now I registered.

I search for a windows desktop app that can read a mobi file and that is able to make and show highlights.

My goal is to be able open a mobi file that is stored on my Calibre library with one desktop app, add a highlight to the text, save it, send the file to a Kindle 4 and read the book with the highlight on the Kindle.

The Kindle for PC does that, but it always copies the mobi file to its library and saves the highlights on a unknow file.

While reading this forum, I found the AZARDI app, it has highlight support, but works only with ePUB and doesn't have search support. It is not suitable for my use case.

Do you know of any app that I could use and that conforms to what I need?
princeyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 12:41 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Heh, unknown file. Virtually every reading app uses a unique, incompatible annotations system. (The ebook itself does not get annotated, because this isn't word documents we are dealing with.)

Annotations support in ebooks is an absolute hideous mess. What you are searching for does not exist.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 12:49 AM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
The best suggestion I can offer you is to stick to one service.

For example, Marvin (iOS app) and Moon+ reader or Mantano (Android apps) can sync to another copy of the same app via dropbox. Helpful -- not.

The Kindle for PC app will sync annotations, via Amazon's cloud, with Kindle for Android/iOS apps and the hardware Kindles. It offers the best multiplatform sync. And you can use Send-to-Kindle to get non-Amazon-purchased books synced, with annotations. Unfortunately last I heard you cannot download Personal Documents from Whispersync to the PC app. So -- useless.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 02:37 PM   #4
princeyann
princeyann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.princeyann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.princeyann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.princeyann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.princeyann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.princeyann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.princeyann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.princeyann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.princeyann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.princeyann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.princeyann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 3 and K4
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
The best suggestion I can offer you is to stick to one service.

For example, Marvin (iOS app) and Moon+ reader or Mantano (Android apps) can sync to another copy of the same app via dropbox. Helpful -- not.

The Kindle for PC app will sync annotations, via Amazon's cloud, with Kindle for Android/iOS apps and the hardware Kindles. It offers the best multiplatform sync. And you can use Send-to-Kindle to get non-Amazon-purchased books synced, with annotations. Unfortunately last I heard you cannot download Personal Documents from Whispersync to the PC app. So -- useless.
Thank you for the advice. I am going to keep using manual/copy-paste annotations in that case.

I thought that I could abandon the PDF format for ebooks, but it is the one which offers the best highlight support right now - I can import/export highlights with Foxit Reader and if I make a highlight on the PC I can view it when reading it on the Kindle.
princeyann is offline   Reply With Quote