Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-20-2015, 08:50 PM   #16
dickloraine
Guru
dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350, Kobo Aura
If I find time, I may look at this. Shouldn't be that difficult, I hope. I have to look a little deeper into qt to make the option gui and look at the api functions for customn columns. I hope it is as easy as just expanding my mapping functions.
dickloraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 11:48 AM   #17
DreamStatic
Enthusiast
DreamStatic began at the beginning.

Device: iphone, ipad, computer
Sounds good. This is really working awesomely so far, thank you again.

I did run into one issue that you might want to check - when the issue number is 1/2 it errors with "could not convert to string". I would prefer that if it encounters a "1/2" it converts it to .5 on import so the series number would work well with Calibre. I try to catch these during tagging but I missed a couple and then ran into this error.

Nice, nice work. Do you have any donation avenues set up as I know time is VERY valuable?
DreamStatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2015, 03:31 PM   #18
dickloraine
Guru
dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When do you get the error? When you import to calibre? How is the 1/2 written? As "1/2" or with a special character? And I would have thought the error would be more like "couldn't convert string to float". Curious. Can you maybe send me a comic.xml file with this type of metadata, so that I could test it?

Never thought about donations. I have a paypal account, maybe I look into it, if it is easy.
Old 09-21-2015, 07:27 PM   #19
DreamStatic
Enthusiast

Yes you are correct it was error that could not convert string to float. I have attached the relative documents. Let me know if you need anything further.

I get the error after the file is imported into Calibre and I choose your option to Import from the comic archive into Calibre.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-09-21 at 6.22.00 PM.png
Views:	545
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	142189   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-09-21 at 6.24.59 PM.png
Views:	498
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	142191  
Attached Files
File Type: zip ComicInfo.xml.zip (1.6 KB, 426 views)

Last edited by DreamStatic; 09-21-2015 at 09:05 PM.
Old 09-21-2015, 10:39 PM   #20
dickloraine
Guru

Fixed
Advert
Old 09-21-2015, 11:57 PM   #21
DreamStatic
Enthusiast

Thank you, but now I am getting another error on regular issue numbers. "TypeError:must be unicode, not str"

Sorry.
Old 09-22-2015, 07:34 AM   #22
dickloraine
Guru

Should work now. I just forgot to check for the type.
Old 09-22-2015, 01:20 PM   #23
dickloraine
Guru

I experimented a little with custom columns and it looks like it wouldn't be hard to implement that feature. In fact, my test column did work, so now I need to generalize the functions and implement the different fields. Should be ready in a few days
Old 09-22-2015, 08:53 PM   #24
DreamStatic
Enthusiast

OH MY GOODNESS!! That is pretty awesome news!!!
Old 09-23-2015, 07:12 PM   #25
DreamStatic
Enthusiast

Looking good so far!! I did find one item that could be confusing for future users. You may plan on updating this already, just thought I would mention in case you hadn't noticed it yet. When you are showing the extended menu all three import options read the same (see screenshot). I went and reviewed the code to see what each did, but I assume the text should explain what each does.

Also, I ran your current Custom Column branch through 200 comics and only ran into one error. One comic has a ComicInfo.xml file in the cbz file, but it states no metadata found. I have attached the ComicInfo.xml in case it helps. Additionally, it also gave this error: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'strip'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.EmbedComicMetadata.ui", line 96, in sub_menu_triggered
File "calibre_plugins.EmbedComicMetadata.main", line 66, in update_metadata
File "calibre_plugins.EmbedComicMetadata.main", line 190, in write_calibre_metadata
File "calibre_plugins.EmbedComicMetadata.main", line 239, in update_calibre_metadata
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'strip'

Thanks again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-09-23 at 5.53.39 PM.png
Views:	466
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	142249  
Attached Files
File Type: xml ComicInfo.xml (1.4 KB, 643 views)

Last edited by DreamStatic; 09-23-2015 at 07:23 PM.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:09 PM   #26
dickloraine
Guru

The same text was a typical copy&paste error, I just forgot to change that.
The error was because the comicinfo.xml had no comment field. In the latest build checks for cases like that are implemented, so it should now not throw an error.

The current build is hopefully very near to the final build. It now needs some more testing and maybe some final tweaks.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:21 PM   #27
DreamStatic
Enthusiast

Option choices make more sense now.

I no longer get an error when trying to import that comic without a comment node; however, it is like it just stops importing or something as none of the artist nodes, etc are imported.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:57 AM   #28
dickloraine
Guru

That is strange, I can import them just fine. Maybe you have not the last version? Depending on when you downloaded it, you may have not got the last commit, which fixed exactly that problem (or so I thought). I have attached the last version on this post. Hopefully this one works
Attached Files
File Type: zip EmbedComicMetadata.zip (20.7 KB, 398 views)
Old 09-24-2015, 08:46 AM   #29
DreamStatic
Enthusiast

Yes, that seemed to have fixed the issue. Nice work!! Thank you.
Old 09-25-2015, 09:13 AM   #30
DreamStatic
Enthusiast

Plugin coming along VERY nicely! I am following along with your updates and so far you are knocking it out of the park! Thanks again. I will keep you updated if I spot any issues.

Last edited by DreamStatic; 09-25-2015 at 09:52 AM.