Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-08-2017, 04:37 AM   #106
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
No problem. I haven't gotten the time yet to dive into it. It is strange though, since I usually first update my website and then this post.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:50 PM   #107
jcsalomon
Zealot
jcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheese

Device: Bookari (née Mantano Reader) on Android; Kindle Fire HD
Version 0.7.1 (because 0.7.2 is not available to download), Sigil 0.9.8, and I get this error message:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ePUB Optimizer

Processing C:\Users\Chesky\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\ePUBOptimizer\dummy.epub
Get unique characters per font
I’ve used this successfully in the past. Can I send you a file it’s failing on?
jcsalomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2017, 02:25 PM   #108
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sure.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:23 PM   #109
jcsalomon
Zealot
jcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheese

Device: Bookari (née Mantano Reader) on Android; Kindle Fire HD
PM sent.
jcsalomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 02:29 AM   #110
Toxaris
Wizard

I saw, I hope to get around to it on Wednesday.
Advert
Old 12-18-2017, 02:16 PM   #111
Toxaris
Wizard

I have uploaded a new version (now really 0.7.2) that should fix the issue jcsalomon had. I have the feeling I fixed that earlier but somehow did not upload the fix.
Old 12-31-2017, 02:10 PM   #112
DaBear78
DaBear78 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Every time I try to use your plugin (v0.7.2, Sigil 0.9.9) I get this error:

Code:

C:\Users\dahti\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\ePUBOptimizer\ePUBOptimizer.exe C:\Users\dahti\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\ePUBOptimizer\dummy.epub
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\Program Files\Sigil\plugin_launchers\python\launcher.py", line 135, in launch
    self.exitcode = target_script.run(container)
  File "C:\Users\dahti\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\ePUBOptimizer\plugin.py", line 102, in run
    print(result[0].decode('utf-8'))
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'result' referenced before assignment
Error: local variable 'result' referenced before assignment
What can I do?
DaBear78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 03:03 PM   #113
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBear78 View Post
Every time I try to use your plugin (v0.7.2, Sigil 0.9.9) I get this error:
The author must have accidentally uploaded an older version, because in the downloaded version one commented-out line causes this error.

You might be able to fix this yourself:

1. Locate the ePubOptimizer plugin folder in the Sigil plugins folder (Edit > Preferences > Open Preferences Location)

2. Open plugin.py with a text editor and change the following line from:

Code:
    #result = OptiWrapper(*args)
to

Code:
    result = OptiWrapper(*args)
(I.e. remove the # sign.)

3. (Optional) open plugin.xml and insert the following line:

Code:
<autostart>true</autostart>
after:

Code:
<name>ePUBOptimizer</name>
(This'll automatically start the plugin.)

If this doesn't fix your problem, current Calibre versions offer font subsetting and image optimization features via the Polish ePub tool.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 04:48 PM   #114
Toxaris
Wizard

Not an old version, just forgot to remove the hash tag... I added it to for testing purposes. I will update this later this week, as I do not have access to my development machine for the next few days.
Old 01-01-2018, 05:09 AM   #115
bravosx
Connoisseur
bravosx began at the beginning.

Device: Prestigio PER3464B, Onyx Lynx, Lenovo S5000 i Tab4-8"
After deleting # I get this message:

Code:

C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\ePUBOptimizer\ePUBOptimizer.exe C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\ePUBOptimizer\dummy.epub
  File "C:\Program Files\Sigil\plugin_launchers\python\launcher.py", line 135, in launch
  File "C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\ePUBOptimizer\plugin.py", line 102, in run
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0x88 in position 25: invalid start byte
Error: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0x88 in position 25: invalid start byte
I greet in the New Year
bravosx

Last edited by bravosx; 01-01-2018 at 12:52 PM.
bravosx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 02:17 PM   #116
Toxaris
Wizard

I have uploaded a new version that should work... Sorry about this.
Old 01-02-2018, 02:17 PM   #117
Toxaris
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravosx View Post
After deleting # I get this message:

Code:

C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\ePUBOptimizer\ePUBOptimizer.exe C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\ePUBOptimizer\dummy.epub
  File "C:\Program Files\Sigil\plugin_launchers\python\launcher.py", line 135, in launch
  File "C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\ePUBOptimizer\plugin.py", line 102, in run
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0x88 in position 25: invalid start byte
Error: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0x88 in position 25: invalid start byte
I greet in the New Year
bravosx
Strange, I cannot reproduce this. What is your Python version?
Old 01-02-2018, 02:56 PM   #118
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
bravosx edited his post to mask his user name, which contained Eastern European(?) characters. IIRC, some Python features require encoding/decoding file names that contain non-ASCII characters.
Since your user name most likely only contains ASCII characters you won't see the problem.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 03:59 PM   #119
Toxaris
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
bravosx edited his post to mask his user name, which contained Eastern European(?) characters. IIRC, some Python features require encoding/decoding file names that contain non-ASCII characters.
Since your user name most likely only contains ASCII characters you won't see the problem.
Could be, but Python3 is UTF-8 oriented therefore I did/do not expected this issue. The output should be UTF-8 encoded AFAIK.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:01 PM   #120
bravosx
Connoisseur
bravosx began at the beginning.

Device: Prestigio PER3464B, Onyx Lynx, Lenovo S5000 i Tab4-8"
@Toxaris
Quote:
Python version integrated with Sigil 0.9.9

Doitsu is right. The masked user name contains Polish letters: ł, Ż.
bravosx is offline   Reply With Quote