Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-20-2018, 02:05 PM   #1
mikeayers
Zealot
mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 10thGen, Kobo Clara HD
Kindle Firmware 5.10.1.2

I just noticed that Amazon's Software update page (https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=200529680)
now has an update for the 10Gen Paperwhite.
It is 5.10.1.2
I downloaded and installed it. No disasters.
There is now a % for the battery and you can disable the taps for the touchscreen.
I'm sure there is more....
mikeayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 02:17 PM   #2
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeayers View Post
I just noticed that Amazon's Software update page (https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=200529680)
It is 5.10.1.2
There is now a % for the battery and you can disable the taps for the touchscreen.
This is the version that's been out awhile, I've had it since receiving the Paperwhite. I don't notice too many changes other than what you've mentioned and the home page tweaks.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2018, 07:36 PM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
This is the version that's been out awhile, I've had it since receiving the Paperwhite. I don't notice too many changes other than what you've mentioned and the home page tweaks.
What's weird is that the original Oasis and the Paperwhite 3 (7th Gen) are still at 5.9.7 on their official firmware pages. Everything else has gone to either 5.10.1.1 or (in the Paperwhite 4's case) 5.10.1.2. (By "everything else" I mean the devices new enough to still get the latest updates, in other words, post-Paperwhite 1 devices.)
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 09:49 PM   #4
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Odd. It's easy to get confused with the way Amazon has been with updates the past few months.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 10:36 PM   #5
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
It is 5.10.1.2

I believe amazon posted it the day after release.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2018, 12:30 AM   #6
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
I believe amazon posted it the day after release.
Posted it, then pulled the Paperwhite 4 support page for about five days to a week.
Old 11-21-2018, 07:35 AM   #7
Heqian_Yanqiu
Heqian_Yanqiu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Well, maybe 5.10.1.1 is buggy (it is for me). In any case, my kindle Oasis had a problem connecting to the 3G and when I contacted the CS they told me my version is not up-to-date, though I didn't see how this would affect 3G, I followed instructions to update to 5.10.1.1 and now I can't even register my Kindle, rendering my Kindle near useless. I'm praying they come up with the 5.10.1.2 for the Oasis and that will solve the problem since I can downgrade the firmware.
Heqian_Yanqiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 09:17 AM   #8
Shad Plante
Groupie
Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 6th Gen Kindle Paperwhite
Keep checking the update page for your model of Oasis. If you see them put 5.10.1.1 back up for it, try downloading it and updating again. That solved the problems with another users 6th gen paperwhite once the update for it was posted again.
Shad Plante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 01:19 PM   #9
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heqian_Yanqiu View Post
... I followed instructions to update to 5.10.1.1 and now I can't even register my Kindle, rendering my Kindle near useless. I'm praying they come up with the 5.10.1.2 for the Oasis and that will solve the problem since I can downgrade the firmware.
Until newer firmware comes (hopefully soon) you might want to try downloading the firmware again and "re-updating." It's possible the "newest" 5.10.1.1 firmware is somehow newer than the original 5.10.1.1 firmware. It's probably a long shot, but that's what fixed the Paperwhite (reinstalling 5.10.1.1 over 5.10.1.1). It might be worth a shot.

Assuming you're using the original Oasis, the download link for 5.10.1.1 is here (currently not on its support page) ...

https://s3.amazonaws.com/firmwaredow...s_5.10.1.1.bin
Old 11-21-2018, 03:17 PM   #10
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
I didn't get this menu option. Oh well, not something I'd use anyway.

Is there a way to disable the battery percentage display?
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 01:20 PM   #11
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Is there a way to disable the battery percentage display?
No, not currently. Maybe as as option in later version, but I would not hold my breath.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 06:01 PM   #12
Amaru
Amaru began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
What's weird is that the original Oasis and the Paperwhite 3 (7th Gen) are still at 5.9.7 on their official firmware pages. Everything else has gone to either 5.10.1.1 or (in the Paperwhite 4's case) 5.10.1.2. (By "everything else" I mean the devices new enough to still get the latest updates, in other words, post-Paperwhite 1 devices.)
I got my 5.10.1.1 for my 7th gen and then seen they reverted to the older version for some reason. The fw works fine so far no issues. Maybe they needed to have a fix
Amaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 03:56 AM   #13
Jane Eyre
Zealot
Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle P.white3/Kobo Clara 2E
My PW3 is still stuck on 5.10.1.1
Jane Eyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 10:12 AM   #14
DrD123
Connoisseur
DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Eyre View Post
My PW3 is still stuck on 5.10.1.1
at present, 5.10.1.2 is only out for the PW4
DrD123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 11:20 AM   #15
Jane Eyre
Zealot
Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle P.white3/Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrD123 View Post
at present, 5.10.1.2 is only out for the PW4
yes and my device should have 5.9.7
Jane Eyre is offline   Reply With Quote