Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-04-2018, 09:30 PM   #16
loyukfai
Zealot
loyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura about

Device: none
I see... Some of those units are labelled "cannot register" so I wonder if it's just a software problem...

Cheers.
loyukfai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:51 PM   #17
mikeayers
Zealot
mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 10thGen, Kobo Clara HD
I'm sorry for your loss.
But when I saw the title of your post, I thought for a second it was about a Sci-Fi Horror Travel book... good title for one anyways...
I guess you can't judge a post by it's title!
mikeayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2018, 11:15 PM   #18
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyukfai View Post
I see... Some of those units are labelled "cannot register" so I wonder if it's just a software problem...

Cheers.
Very likely stolen or reported lost devices that have been blacklisted so can't be registered. If they're labeling them that way (i.e. being up front about it) they maybe got scammed by buying a used one from someone that didn't tell them they were buying a blacklisted device and they want a fully functional one.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 08:40 AM   #19
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
Now the Paperwhite 4 is out. Enjoy.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 12:20 PM   #20
loyukfai
Zealot
loyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura about

Device: none
Noted with thanks.
loyukfai is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2018, 07:11 PM   #21
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeayers View Post
I'm sorry for your loss.
But when I saw the title of your post, I thought for a second it was about a Sci-Fi Horror Travel book... good title for one anyways...
I guess you can't judge a post by it's title!
LOl !
Wait till the sequel Dead Oasis comes out. I hope not too soon though. I've not had a Kindle e ink die yet. Even my old PW1, that I gave away still works. Sometimes they just stop working too soon as the OP had happen.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 01:04 PM   #22
Clawdia
Connoisseur
Clawdia is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle (K3, DXG)
My first Voyage died at 11 months - so glad it was 11 and not 12 months and a day. Amazon was great about sending me a replacement out in the same day's mail - I was only without a Voyage for about 20 hours. My 2nd one gets a little wonky from time to time, having a tendency to shut itself off for no good reason every couple of weeks or so. I'm going to get another Kindle soon, just so I never am without a back-up, just not sure whether to splurge for an Oasis or go for the new PW. I think my replacement Voyage is a refurb - although for the life of me I can't tell, and if anything it works better than the original one.

Does anyone know if the Voyage has been discontinued? All I see are refurbs on Amazon. I confess I'm a button-pusher, which has always been my problem with the PWs. I don't even care if the buttons are haptic or otherwise, but I need (want!) my buttons.
Clawdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 01:20 PM   #23
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clawdia View Post
Does anyone know if the Voyage has been discontinued? All I see are refurbs on Amazon. I confess I'm a button-pusher, which has always been my problem with the PWs. I don't even care if the buttons are haptic or otherwise, but I need (want!) my buttons.
No on but amazon know for sure, but all evidence seems to indicate that the voyage is discontinued.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 09:46 AM   #24
cgsmom
Addict
cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook GL4+, Nook GL4e, Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4, iPhone 14
Yes the Voyage has been discontinued. I signed up to trade in my Dead Voyage. Since it wasn't working, the trade in estimate was $5.00. I sent it in anyway. After they received it, they gave me $50 for it. Like I said in the original post, it looked brand new. I was without a Kindle for over a week and it was driving me crazy. When I got notice of the value, there weren't any refurb Voyages available, so I went with the PW4. I got 25% off and the $50 credit so I was happy with the deal. I really miss my Voyage. The screen on the PW isn't as good, but it is good enough. I miss the page turn sensors but I am getting used to it. I found the PW a little hard to hold. I think the bezels are a little smaller and I kept turning pages by accident. My case came a couple of days later and that made it much easier to hold and the page turn problem went away. At this point in time, I don't want to spend the money on the Oasis, but eventually I will probably get one.
cgsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 02:11 PM   #25
janrey
Groupie
janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle3, Voyage
Woot has a refurbished Voyage for $99. They are used but working and verified by Amazon. They might have some cosmetic scratches but listed as good. https://computers.woot.com/offers/ki...?ref=w_all_251
janrey is offline   Reply With Quote