Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-12-2007, 08:26 AM   #1
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
M-Edge jacket colors available

They just emailed me and said the RED was available.... just ordered mine. Appears they have the brown as well. So just giving you a headsup, no more waiting.
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:25 PM   #2
Snassek
Connoisseur
Snassek is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony eReader
Just saw the picture on their website. That red is bright.
Snassek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:00 PM   #3
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Yes it is.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:34 PM   #4
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

I hope they stay on schedule and it's shipped the 26th! I look forward to this thing
Old 03-30-2007, 08:50 AM   #5
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Karen,

Please post a review when you get yours.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:26 AM   #6
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaredr
Karen,

Please post a review when you get yours.

Ellen
Sure thing. In fact it's on it's way here right now. And well of course I don't have my computer crash on me again, I am leary right now,
Old 03-30-2007, 06:38 PM   #7
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

I just received the Jacket. I like it. It is built very well, hold it pretty secure. Oh and that little flap thing, well I just turn it over and slip it into it's little slot when I have the book opened up anyways, so it keeps it out of the way.

The red isn't a in your face red, it's more a subdued rosy red, mauvy red? It's a nice color and not ostentatious?

Ps. I didn't knock off the little doo hicky that that other person knocked off, LOL. And for the life of me I can't remember what he called it, the stick shift? well that thing.........it survived
Old 03-30-2007, 07:02 PM   #8
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Here are some pics, sorry I just can't get the hang of this camera compared to my old sony to floppy.. And no the colors aren't coming out true either. Perhaps the second pic.

Old 03-30-2007, 07:02 PM   #9
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
"jog-stick" is what Sony called it.

Glad you're happy with the case.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 07:03 PM   #10
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Ah the joy stick, thanks.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:21 AM   #11
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Looks good! Does it also protect the screen better than the original case?

BTW: I think they also got a silicon jacket in the make. Go to this page and instead of clicking on the picture of the executive one, click on the link. Typo? I don't think so.

Last edited by diabloNL; 03-31-2007 at 06:10 AM.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:09 AM   #12
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloNL
Looks good! Does it also protect the screen better than the original case?

I think the thickness may be about the same BUT since the reader is encased in that sleeve, it gives it cover some added height when laying down on it so it's not right on the face, so if that would help? All in all it's nice and I like the little flap so when you close it it keeps it closed. I haven't actually had time to lay down and hold it and read yet, still working on getting my computer back up the way I want it as in *tweaking* it now... and reading on the weekend won't happen with the DH home.....
Old 03-31-2007, 11:39 AM   #13
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
You know, to help protect the screen further, you could put a piece of cardboard in the biggest pocket. You could decorate the part that sticks out by printing something and glue it on. That could be a butterfly, or a reading plan list.

A small piece fo cardboard combined to the leather can go a long way in protection.

BTW I'd call that colo(u)r dark pink or rustic rose.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 02:17 PM   #14
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Thanks Karen. Maybe I will order myself a black one.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 03:33 PM   #15
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloNL
Thanks Karen. Maybe I will order myself a black one.
Yea, I am not sure this is a guys color.... as I said my camera is not depicting the color right but I would say more of a dusky rose color.....

Don't forget they have BROWN which looks like it would be nice too.

Ps. Got my external usb hard drive and have all my stuff already copied over to it........ worked very good. Dang I wish I thought of this earlier, never really crossed my mind..... and so glad to get away from the CD burning which I couldn't stand.