Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-04-2018, 08:50 PM   #1
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Kindle Power Light

Is there a reason the indicator light or what ever its called would light up other than when your charging or pressing the power button? I came home from work, cover closed , but light was on,and as soon as I opened the cover and it was no longer sleeping the light turned off. I do not know how long it was on, possibly all day
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:02 PM   #2
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Could it have been a low battery indicator?
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 07:40 AM   #3
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Battery was not low but something is wrong. I charged it to 100% before bed. Overnight it went down to 70% and 200 of my 500 books were no longer downloaded to the device and I never deleted them. It happened on its own. I did not do any resets. I deleted about 10 audibles. But not 200 books!
Old 12-06-2018, 08:51 AM   #4
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
That is strange, maybe you could try resetting it?
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 03:23 AM   #5
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Yeah, that does sound strange. If you don't want to reset it, try turning off the wifi, and only putting it on to sync, and see if that changes anything.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 06:32 AM   #6
HLS
Wizard

So odd. It was almost like I reset the device in my sleep or something. How does 200 books get deleted while you sleep? Lol
Old 12-07-2018, 06:42 AM   #7
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
I would call customer service.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 02:56 PM   #8
HLS
Wizard

that does nothing Amazon is incompetent
Old 12-07-2018, 03:05 PM   #9
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I've found Amazon's Kindle support to be the best of any company I've ever dealt with. I wish B&N was as incompetent as Amazon.

The trick to getting the best people at Amazon is call during business hours. At certain times they farm out their support. Call Monday through Friday during normal business hours and you're sure to get their own support people. Also call or chat, don't try to use their email support. It's not that great.

And be sure you talk to Kindle support and not Amazon support. That makes a huge difference. Who knows, you might even get lucky and find someone who knows more than you.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 03:14 PM   #10
HLS
Wizard

I am just pissed that they refuse to send replacement devices to amazon locker. also I traded in my paperwhite and they refuse to apply the 25% discount on a new ereader if I choose shipto amazon locker. I am so pissed off I a can not even concentrate lol

Makes no sence at all. The stuff is sent to my local amazon warehouse and delivered by amazon directly by their own people to whole foods amazon locker which they also own . yet they will not ship replacement devices or apply any earned discounts if we ship to a locker.

Last edited by HLS; 12-07-2018 at 03:16 PM.