Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-04-2006, 01:52 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
The 50 best web sites... one more time

We've all seen many lists of the best web sites. I've become almost immune to them by now. But this one from the Chicago Tribune was interesting to me, and it got my attention right away because it even included a generic spot in the top 50 for the following entry under the Arts and Culture section:

"Public libraries (various): A librarian we know points out something wonderful: Many public libraries’ Web sites have free, downloadable audio books. We tested this in our own town (Oak Park, http://www.oppl.org/) and found it to be true."

More evidence that a lot of people are interested in audiobooks. A perfect application for mobile devices. It's a shame nobody knows yet where to find them or how to listen!

If you want the easy way to find audiobooks and have a few extra dollars to spend, be sure to check out Audible.com.

Via Digg.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 08:44 PM   #2
timmins
eBook Obsessive
timmins began at the beginning.

Device: tc1100, q1, hw6945, h6315, x3i
I've always wished we could move into Oak Park. I love it's always forward-thinking (sometimes TOO forward) progression.
timmins is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert