Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 02-06-2009, 11:42 AM   #1
dhill
Connoisseur
dhill is a marvel to beholddhill is a marvel to beholddhill is a marvel to beholddhill is a marvel to beholddhill is a marvel to beholddhill is a marvel to beholddhill is a marvel to beholddhill is a marvel to beholddhill is a marvel to beholddhill is a marvel to beholddhill is a marvel to behold

Device: iPad 2, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD
Error When Navigating to Pages

When I navigate to a page in a thread I get the attached error message. It only happens in IE, FF works fine. It started a couple of weeks ago. Is it just my IE or is it global?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2009-02-06_083649.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	22729  
dhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:31 PM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Hmm. Is it always the case for you when using IE or is it only randomly? If randomly, what's your location? Perhaps the Internet connection is being dropped?
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2009, 03:01 AM   #3
dhill
Connoisseur
dhill is a marvel to beholddhill is a marvel to beholddhill is a marvel to beholddhill is a marvel to beholddhill is a marvel to beholddhill is a marvel to beholddhill is a marvel to beholddhill is a marvel to beholddhill is a marvel to beholddhill is a marvel to beholddhill is a marvel to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Hmm. Is it always the case for you when using IE or is it only randomly? If randomly, what's your location? Perhaps the Internet connection is being dropped?
IE only. It seems to work on the first try, but not after that. FF works fine. If no one else is having this problem, maybe it's my IE. I do not have this problem on other sites. Again, it started a couple of weeks ago.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:19 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhill View Post
Again, it started a couple of weeks ago.
It may be related a IE7 bug and how we changed the loading of the Google Analytics code (asynchronous). This article seems to indicate it:

http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...n-aborted.aspx

Hmm. More IE bugs. We will look into it.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:20 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Alex,

This seems to be related to the DOM update issue that you fixed the other day. I get it at work whenever our highly-dodgy internet connection fails to load a page on the site. When a page successfully loads, there's no problem.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2009, 04:22 AM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Yeah. I think I am going to revert the code for now. Although it's helping to improve loading times, I didn't participate to trigger two (!) IE bugs through it.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:06 AM   #7
DigiDirk
Connoisseur
DigiDirk doesn't litterDigiDirk doesn't litter

Device: iLiad
I'm getting this too and it's really annoying!

And it's just IE7 on Vista.

IE6 or IE7 on XP works fine.

Any hints? (Other than dumping IE7 or Vista...)

Dirk
DigiDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:36 AM   #8
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhill View Post
When I navigate to a page in a thread I get the attached error message. It only happens in IE, FF works fine. It started a couple of weeks ago. Is it just my IE or is it global?
I got this twice last night when starting up Firefox on Vista to go to MobileRead.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:42 PM   #9
dhill
Connoisseur

Still getting this error on IE7 w/Vista, not on FF. IE is my main browser, so it is a pain to go to FF just to view this site.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:18 PM   #10
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

It will be fixed tomorrow. Sorry about the inconvenience.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:01 PM   #11
dhill
Connoisseur

I'm still getting this error. It looks like I only get this when I am logged in. When I log out, the error goes away. I'll try creating a new login to see if my original ID is corrupt.

Update:
Created new login and same problem. If I log out, the problem goes away. I also get the error message after saving a post.

Last edited by dhill; 03-09-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:13 PM   #12
DigiDirk
Connoisseur

Yes, it's still there.

I can circumvent it by opening the next link (next page, next article,
next unread article, etc.) in a new tab (remember I get this on Vista/IE7
only) or by restarting IE7.

But it comes back eventually.

It is just as if the current process (page/tab) gets corrupted.

Dirk
Old 03-12-2009, 03:16 AM   #13
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

My apology. It was meant to be fixed already, but something came in between. It will be fixed /today/.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:51 AM   #14
DigiDirk
Connoisseur

I had no errors this morning.

You seem to have fixed it.

Thank you, Alex.

Dirk
Old 03-13-2009, 12:23 PM   #15
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Glad to hear, Dirk! Yes it was fixed last night.