Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-15-2008, 04:59 AM   #1
windtower
windtower began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Can I print out the content that I'm interested?

I am very new to Kindle. Just wondering after purchasing an ebook from Amazon, can I print out some pages that I'm interested in? Any accessory I need to do this?
windtower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 05:06 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If you have a DRM-free book, you can load it into the Windows MobiPocket reader and copy text from that into another application.

There's no way (that I'm aware of) to copy or print text from a DRM-protected Kindle book. I suppose you could photograph the screen and use an OCR application to extract the text, if you REALLY wanted to do it .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2008, 09:48 AM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
In some ebooks, you can extract an entire page of text as a "clipping". I have not used this, but I think it comes out as plain text. There is typically a limit on how many pages you can clip (sometimes none at all). Copy these to a PC and print them.

If you have a SD card, then you can make screenshots (600x800 images) of the screen by pressing 'alt-shift-G'. Copy these from the SD card to a PC and print them.

An AZW file is just a MOBI file, so mobidedrm will strip the DRM (if necessary) and then mobi2oeb (for example) will give you a HTML version of the entire text. Even if this is done for the purpose of printing a small section of the text, stripping the DRM is illegal in many places.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:50 PM   #4
Norman O. Eaddy
Norman O. Eaddy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
How about highlighting the lines you want to print (or clipping a page), then copying the My Clippings book to your computer, and printing from the file "My Clippings.txt".
Norman O. Eaddy is offline   Reply With Quote