Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #1
loudab
loudab began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 and Paperwhite
Search feature broken on PW

I suddenly can no longer search for terms within books on my PW. It was working fine and then stopped. Has this happened to anyone else recently? Any ideas on how to fix this?
loudab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:23 PM   #2
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudab View Post
I suddenly can no longer search for terms within books on my PW. It was working fine and then stopped. Has this happened to anyone else recently? Any ideas on how to fix this?
Have you tried restarting the PW? That might clear it. Also have you tried several different books? It could be that some books just don't interact with the search function.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #3
loudab

Yes to both. I think it's stuck on indexing a book I can't see. Very frustrating.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:37 PM   #4
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
It's just like Windows 7.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:12 PM   #5
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Yes to both. I think it's stuck on indexing a book I can't see. Very frustrating.
You can find out which book is not indexing if you type some gibberish on the Home screen. The search results will only contain books that have not indexed.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #6
loudab

The PW is not indexing anything and I still can't search within books unless I redownload them.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:46 PM   #7
loudab

I was wondering if it could be related to Calibre.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:46 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
The PW is not indexing anything and I still can't search within books unless I redownload them.
Sounds line you have your solution. Deleted and then redownload all your eBooks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:45 PM   #9
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
If you can search after re-downloading, then the PW is indeed indexing the newly added ebooks.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:19 PM   #10
loudab

There are several books that it won't see even though the Kindle says they've been downloaded.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:04 AM   #11
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
If I were me, I would do a factory reset. Especially if facing the possibility of having to delete all the books anyway.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paperwhite, search