Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-09-2012, 08:45 PM   #1
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Kobo - Today's Deal?

I usually check Kobo's website for their 'Today's Deal' almost daily. However for the last couple of days I have gotten this message
""Today's Deal" is empty or you may be geographically restricted from viewing its contents - try selecting a new list."

Is it just me or is anyone else getting this?
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:54 PM   #2
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
I just checked and got that too. Weird.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2012, 09:14 PM   #3
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
I can't even see a "Today's Deal" category anywhere...
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:29 PM   #4
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
I can't even see a "Today's Deal" category anywhere...
I just had the bookmark set directly to go to that page.
Maybe they're discontinuing this feature? I just went to the main page and tried finding it in the expanded 'Browse by Category' and 'Recommended Reading' sections. Looks like it's gone.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:19 PM   #5
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
The link still shows up under Recommended Reading, so I doubt it's discontinued. Kobo's Daily Deal is usually limited time publisher price reduction. I've noticed that a few of the big publishers habitually do not make their sale prices available in Canada, so if the books were from Simon & Schuster or MacMillan or Hachette, that would explain it. I've run across the same problem on Amazon with a few of their Daily Deals and on a couple books I clicked on from the '100 books for $3.99' or less page.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2012, 11:53 PM   #6
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Turnabout is fair play. Here is a Kobo deal only for Canadians:

Bruno, Chief of Police and Dark Vineyard by Martin Walker have been price reduced to $2.99 for Canadians only by HarperCollins. The list price is $11.99 and that's what they have to pay south of the border.

These are the first and second in the series, set in a small village in France. Pub Weekly review:
Quote:
Policing in Chief Bruno Courrèges's sun-dappled patch of Périgord involves protecting local fromages from E.U. hygiene inspectors, orchestrating village parades and enjoying the obligatory leisurely lunch—that is, until the brutal murder of an elderly Algerian immigrant instantly jolts Walker's second novel (after The Caves of Périgord) from provincial cozy to timely whodunit. As a high-powered team of investigators, including a criminally attractive female inspector, invade sleepy St. Denis to forestall any anti-Arab violence, the amiable Bruno must begin regarding his neighbors—or should we say potential suspects—in a rather different light. Without sacrificing a soupçon of the novel's smalltown charm or its characters' endearing quirkiness, Walker deftly drives his plot toward a dark place where old sins breed fresh heartbreak. Walker, a foreign affairs journalist, is also the author of such nonfiction titles as The Iraq War and America Reborn. (Mar.)
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:58 PM   #7
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
Turnabout is fair play. Here is a Kobo deal only for Canadians:

Bruno, Chief of Police and Dark Vineyard by Martin Walker have been price reduced to $2.99 for Canadians only by HarperCollins. The list price is $11.99 and that's what they have to pay south of the border.
In Australia the first in the series is reduced to $4.99 the second The Dark Vineyard is $19.99
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:13 AM   #8
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
The link still shows up under Recommended Reading, so I doubt it's discontinued.
Nope. Not there, either. http://i.imgur.com/b85Fi.png from just a moment ago.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:36 AM   #9
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
Actually, it was there (under Recommended Reading) last night when I looked, and it was blank, as stated. When I went to the site this morning to see if there was a daily deal the link was gone.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #10
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
"Today's Deal" still shows up under "Recommended Reading" on my 'version' of the kobo.com page. The book listed there is "Heat Wave" by Richard Castle for $10.09 (org. $14.99).. Maybe the link disappears if there is no Deal for the day in your area.
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote