Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-12-2010, 05:51 PM   #1
Kameli
Connoisseur
Kameli began at the beginning.

Device: none
PocketBook 360 in Finland?

Is it possible to buy Pocketbook 360 from Finland?

If not can you recommend seller inside EU that ships to Finland so I don't have to worry about tolls? I would prefer big, well known, trustworthy company.
Kameli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:11 AM   #2
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Pocketgoods.de is a great choice, in my experience. You can buy seamlessly, and the seller is here in Mobileread if you want more information.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2010, 04:40 AM   #3
Kameli
Connoisseur

Thanks. It seems they even cover shipping costs to Finland so price there is cheaper than anywhere else I have seen 239€.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:17 PM   #4
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused
mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, K2i, Nexus 7 32gb, Kobo Mini
Out of curiosity will the US branch ship to Europe? I note it sells for $240 which is 176 EUR or £154. Is there a large shipping charge or is there a way of buying it for a similar price here in Europe?
mike_bike_kite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:42 AM   #5
Kameli
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_bike_kite View Post
Out of curiosity will the US branch ship to Europe? I note it sells for $240 which is 176 EUR or £154. Is there a large shipping charge or is there a way of buying it for a similar price here in Europe?
Problem for me is that in addition to shipping fees I have to pay toll+VAT+tolling fees if I order from USA. I think that shipping+toll+VAT would add at least 100 euros to price and slow it down a lot.

Of course if company sends it marked as "gift" there is good chance that it will miss the toll. Or even better if you got friend in USA who buys it and then ships it to you it is possible to try avoid tolls. Since shipping costs about 40 euros I don't think it is really worth the trouble to try that.

Last edited by Kameli; 04-15-2010 at 10:53 AM.
Advert
Old 04-16-2010, 05:41 AM   #6
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_bike_kite View Post
The price in Europe is about the same as in the States. We do have to pay import taxes as well on the PBs. Plus we offer a complete package with a leather cover, charger, 2gb SD card and USB cable. We offer two years warranty, too.

Oh, btw, are you in a hurry? There will be a finnish distributor selling Pocketbooks with finnish firmware quite soon.

Last edited by mtravellerh; 04-16-2010 at 09:49 AM.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:57 AM   #7
Kameli
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
The price in Europe is about the same as in the States. We do have to pay import taxes as well on the PBs. Plus we offer a complete package with a leather cover, charger, 2gb SD card and USB cable. We offer two years warranty, too.

Oh, btw, are you in a hurry? There will be a finnish distributor selling Pocketbooks with finnish firmware quite soon.
How soon is "quite soon"? Days, weeks, months?

I take I can always update finnish firmware to english one?
Old 04-17-2010, 04:33 AM   #8
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameli View Post
How soon is "quite soon"? Days, weeks, months?

I take I can always update finnish firmware to english one?
Weeks. And yes, of course you can update.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:38 AM   #9
Kameli
Connoisseur

Can you tell which company in Finland will be selling them?

EDIT: Also is price likely to be the same 239 euros as in Germany?

Last edited by Kameli; 04-19-2010 at 01:16 AM.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:37 PM   #10
Kameli
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Weeks. And yes, of course you can update.
Any more accurate info about when it will be available in Finland? I am starting to suffer bad Pocketbook fever so wondering how soon it would be here.

Has anyone outside Germany ordered it from pocketgoods.de? I am trying to guess how long it takes to ship to Finland if I order form them.
Old 04-25-2010, 05:42 PM   #11
Entropai
Entropai began at the beginning.

I've been lurking around for half year, and interested in getting PB and live in Finland too so i can echo Kameli's request for more info.
Entropai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:00 AM   #12
mtravellerh
book creator

PB will be sold by Havulinna Oy. There will be totally localised Pocketbooks. In the meantime, you can still buy them at pocketgoods.de, who is sending to Finland, too.

Last edited by mtravellerh; 04-26-2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:09 PM   #13
Drseltsam
Connoisseur
Drseltsam began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 360
Hello Kameli,
I life in finland and ordered from Pocketgoods. It works quite fine but you have to give you finnish mobile number when you order. They will send you a sms (in finnish) when and where you can pick up the parcel from Matkahuolto.

I life in Helsinki, if you wanna see a PB 360 we can meet in a cafe or so.

Last edited by Drseltsam; 04-26-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Drseltsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:55 PM   #14
Kameli
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drseltsam View Post
Hello Kameli,
I life in finland and ordered from Pocketgoods. It works quite fine but you have to give you finnish mobile number when you order. They will send you a sms (in finnish) when and where you can pick up the parcel from Matkahuolto.

I life in Helsinki, if you wanna see a PB 360 we can meet in a cafe or so.
Thanks for info. How long it took to arrive?

I don't live near Helsinki so too hard to arrange meeting. I guess I have to trust videos and forums. Any problems with your PB 360 or anything that is not working as well as you hoped?
Old 04-26-2010, 03:31 PM   #15
Drseltsam
Connoisseur
Drseltsam began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 360
Hei,
it took about a week to ship to Helsinki. So far I didn't had bigger problems with the PB 360 and I used it pretty much. I just do not recommend to install the beta-firmware.

PDF with bigger images does not work really well since the screen is not big enough for this, but I expected this.
Drseltsam is offline   Reply With Quote