Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-21-2017, 05:51 PM   #151
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Hello szarroug3, thank you very much for your work!
I installed the plugin for the very first time in Calibre today, and I seem to be experiencing a problem: I can't add .asc files from book samples (no clue about .json) to the Book Preferences page. When I use the Browse function I can't see the .asc files in their folder even though they're actually there: I also tried adding by drag and drop but that didn't work either. I was wondering if you could help me with this? I'm using Windows 10 and Calibre version 3.4 64bit.
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 11:17 AM   #152
szarroug3
Zealot
szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathil View Post
Hello szarroug3, thank you very much for your work!
I installed the plugin for the very first time in Calibre today, and I seem to be experiencing a problem: I can't add .asc files from book samples (no clue about .json) to the Book Preferences page. When I use the Browse function I can't see the .asc files in their folder even though they're actually there: I also tried adding by drag and drop but that didn't work either. I was wondering if you could help me with this? I'm using Windows 10 and Calibre version 3.4 64bit.
So sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. I only get emails about replies to this thread once a week. I'm having the same issue which is crazy because it was working for me a few weeks ago when I added that feature. Give me a bit to look into what's going on. I'll try to have a fix out asap. Thanks for using it by the way!
szarroug3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2017, 12:33 PM   #153
szarroug3
Zealot
szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

New version out with a minor fix to make user able to select an asc file as their sample file in the book's settings.

@mathil, thanks for reporting this bug.
Old 08-05-2017, 11:48 AM   #154
InterAl
InterAl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I've successfully created and sent an x-ray file to my device (and verified the file is actually on the device and in the correct book folder), but unfortunately my Kindle Voyage won't display the x-ray button for the book (it's a personal DOC book). Highlighting words doesn't work either.
InterAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 01:20 AM   #155
szarroug3
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterAl View Post
I've successfully created and sent an x-ray file to my device (and verified the file is actually on the device and in the correct book folder), but unfortunately my Kindle Voyage won't display the x-ray button for the book (it's a personal DOC book). Highlighting words doesn't work either.
So there could be a few reasons for this (in the order I think they are most likely):

1. The book is not DRM-free. This plugin only works for books that have no DRM.
2. The book file used to create the x-ray and the book file on your Kindle are not the same. I.E you put the book on your Kindle, made some edits to the file on your computer but didn't update it on your Kindle, then used the plugin. The plugin uses the book on your computer to create the file since the Kindle isn't always connected.
3. The ASIN on the Kindle's book file and the ASIN on the x-ray file name are not the same. The plugin updates the book on the Kindle to match the one in the x-ray but if you manually edit either file after creating the file, then it won't work.
4. The Kindle Voyage expects the x-ray file to be somewhere else (I test with the paperwhite) but I doubt this is the reason.

Let me know if none of these things are true for you and I can try to help more.
Advert
Old 08-11-2017, 03:07 AM   #156
sammayor
Enthusiast
sammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trolls

Device: KPW3
Is it possible to show images in xray? .It will be cool for non fiction books.
Thanks
sammayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 01:01 PM   #157
thodorisk2015
thodorisk2015 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic Touch (2016)
First of all, I would like to thank you and congratulate you for your effort in creating this great plugin.
Now, I would like to share my experience regarding an issue I am dealing with.
Perhaps I am doing something wrong or it could be because of my device, but every time I try to create xray files using a sample xray asc file I get the following error message right after I choose create/update xray files.

Spoiler:
08-17-2017 19:46:07 Parsing given data...
Job: "Creating Files" failed with error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\threaded_jobs.py", line 84, in start_work
File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.xray_creator ", line 284, in create_files_event
File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.book", line 215, in create_files_event
File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.book", line 376, in _parse_input_file
File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.book", line 390, in _parse_input_asc
IndexError: list index out of range

Called with args: (,) {u'log': , u'abort': , u'notifications': }

I am using a Windows 10 tablet and Calibre 64 Bit version.
Any views or ideas on the issue would be more than welcome

P.S. Creating files using Goodreads works perfectly fine.

Last edited by thodorisk2015; 08-17-2017 at 01:05 PM.
thodorisk2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:47 AM   #158
szarroug3
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammayor View Post
Is it possible to show images in xray? .It will be cool for non fiction books.
Thanks
Sorry, the asc files can only hold text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thodorisk2015 View Post
First of all, I would like to thank you and congratulate you for your effort in creating this great plugin.
Now, I would like to share my experience regarding an issue I am dealing with.
Perhaps I am doing something wrong or it could be because of my device, but every time I try to create xray files using a sample xray asc file I get the following error message right after I choose create/update xray files.

Spoiler:
08-17-2017 19:46:07 Parsing given data...
Job: "Creating Files" failed with error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\threaded_jobs.py", line 84, in start_work
File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.xray_creator ", line 284, in create_files_event
File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.book", line 215, in create_files_event
File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.book", line 376, in _parse_input_file
File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.book", line 390, in _parse_input_asc
IndexError: list index out of range

Called with args: (,) {u'log': , u'abort': , u'notifications': }

I am using a Windows 10 tablet and Calibre 64 Bit version.
Any views or ideas on the issue would be more than welcome

P.S. Creating files using Goodreads works perfectly fine.
Thank you! Hm, that's strange. Can you send me a link to the page where you got the sample file?
Old 08-18-2017, 12:02 PM   #159
sammayor
Enthusiast
sammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trolls

Device: KPW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by szarroug3 View Post
New x-ray can show images in timeline view.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...cId=1002989741

Last edited by sammayor; 08-18-2017 at 12:11 PM.
sammayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:55 AM   #160
thodorisk2015

Quote:

Thank you! Hm, that's strange. Can you send me a link to the page where you got the sample file?
I download any sample book directly on my kindle device from amazon. Then I go to the sdr folder that has been created on the device and try to use the xray .asc file that has been put there by the device.
Judging from your reply I am doing something completely wrong and need to read better the thread!

Last edited by thodorisk2015; 08-20-2017 at 10:08 AM.
Old 08-21-2017, 11:14 AM   #161
szarroug3
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammayor View Post
New x-ray can show images in timeline view.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...cId=1002989741
Interesting, I've never seen that before. I'll have to look into it.
Old 08-21-2017, 11:15 AM   #162
szarroug3
Zealot

Quote:
I download any sample book directly on my kindle device from amazon. Then I go to the sdr folder that has been created on the device and try to use the xray .asc file that has been put there by the device.
Judging from your reply I am doing something completely wrong and need to read better the thread!
I think you're doing it right. What I meant is can you give me the amazon link for the book you downloaded so I can go get the same sample x-ray to test with.
Old 08-22-2017, 06:47 AM   #163
thodorisk2015

Quote:
I think you're doing it right. What I meant is can you give me the amazon link for the book you downloaded so I can go get the same sample x-ray to test with.
A book I tried is the following:
https://www.amazon.com/Feast-Crows-S...3398748&sr=1-1

Aliases are updated but I can't create the xray files.
Old 08-23-2017, 12:16 PM   #164
szarroug3
Zealot

Quote:
A book I tried is the following:
https://www.amazon.com/Feast-Crows-S...3398748&sr=1-1

Aliases are updated but I can't create the xray files.
Great, I was able to reproduce the issue. I'll work on a fix and release a new patch.
Old 08-23-2017, 01:22 PM   #165
szarroug3
Zealot

3.0.2 is out fixing the sample x-ray out of index error.

Tags
x-ray