Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-11-2014, 05:42 AM   #1
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 - comments?

I am thinking of buying the new Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 and I have some questions about the AMOLED screen. Is it worth the extra money? Actually, any comments would be helpful as this is a big-ticket item for me and will have to last at least a few years.

I have heard about the great colors and brightness of the screen. Can the brightness go down enough to be comfortable to read at night? I am considering the S 10.5" for comics, magazines and TV/movie watching. I have eink kindles/Glo for reading novels.

Thanks for any comments - no need to compare to Apple iPads, as that is not a consideration. Other options would be the Google Nexus 10", or even the Kindle HDX 8.9", which are both considerably less expensive.

Thanks for any assistance!
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:59 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moved to the "Which One Should I Buy" forum.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert