Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-13-2012, 11:17 PM   #22516
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
BTW - I fully agree with the visualization stuff. Its one way of getting your brain to focus on doing what it does, send the messages to all the right places to make stuff heal.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:16 AM   #22517
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
I kind of do that, actually. I think of it as rubber bands.
Perfect! The person who I learned from visualized his mother's lips kissing the booboo and making it alllllll better! Personally, I'm partial to a spray can of 'Healing Stuff' myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
BTW - I fully agree with the visualization stuff. Its one way of getting your brain to focus on doing what it does, send the messages to all the right places to make stuff heal.
Absotivly! It doesn't make a difference how you envision it, just the fact that you do seems to do the trick. I believe this is the underlying reason why we send flowers, balloons, stuffed toys, etc., to people who are sick. I believe we are actually sending some sort of healing energy, what ever that might be, to them to help them get better... and we don't even realize that's why we do it!

In a more objective experiment, a population of high school students were divided into three groups. One group practiced free throws at basketball every day for one hour. One group sat and just 'thought' about shooting free throws, while the last group did nothing concerning basketball. At the end of the test period, obviously the group that practiced improved their score ratio by quite a lot. But the group that only thought about shooting baskets also improved! Not nearly as much, but enough to be statistically significant. And of course, the group that did nothing produced the same results as before the test period began. Heavy stuff.....

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:38 AM   #22518
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Diet A&W.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:29 AM   #22519
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Coffee in my cup and ice pack on my shoulder.

I'm probably the last one to learn this tip, lol, but I'll share it for those who don't know it. Fill a gallon ziplock freezer bag with 3 parts water to 1 part rubbing alcohol, double bag it, and freeze it overnight. It makes a great flexible gelpack, basically free if you have the alcohol and baggies on hand, which I did. Worth going to PT just to learn that. Better than frozen peas, even!
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:02 AM   #22520
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Nice. We will have to try that.

2 cups of Oolong, One cup of Pu Erh and a cup of water. Off to make more tea and go to the bathroom.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:30 AM   #22521
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

While in the bathroom the fire alarm went off. Is it bad that my priority was to get back to my desk to get my jacket, purse, inhaler, and then stop in the kitchen to finish making my tea before evacuating?
Old 12-14-2012, 02:42 PM   #22522
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
While in the bathroom the fire alarm went off. Is it bad that my priority was to get back to my desk to get my jacket, purse, inhaler, and then stop in the kitchen to finish making my tea before evacuating?
Umm.. yes. You should have gone out of the building immediately. If it had been a serious fire (instead of what I assume was a false alarm or a very minor fire) you might have been killed. Fires can grow very quickly indeed.

Coke Zero was in my cup, but nothing at present.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:15 PM   #22523
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Umm.. yes. You should have gone out of the building immediately. If it had been a serious fire (instead of what I assume was a false alarm or a very minor fire) you might have been killed. Fires can grow very quickly indeed.

Coke Zero was in my cup, but nothing at present.
That is the side effect of fire drills. No one takes the alarm seriously.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:29 PM   #22524
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
That is the side effect of fire drills. No one takes the alarm seriously.
So true. I have seen co-workers go looking for where the fire is or even if there is a fire before getting serious about evacuating.

Coffee in my cup.

ProfCrash - Is everything all right now? I hope it really wasn't anything serious.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:42 PM   #22525
VydorScope
Wizard

So I was in an office building once that caught fire. This was obviously NOT a drill as their was smoke filling the hallways. Me and my boss grab the servers and got out. While out side I watched people exit the building to see what the choose to save. Some had pictures, or other things that had sentimental value.

One guy came out in the last group of people, or nearly last and he was carying... you ready for this.... a cheap plastic empty in box. The kind that are like 3/$1. Building was on fire, and that was what he choose to rescue.

To this day, I do not know why.

Oh cause of the fire? A squirrel chewed through a power cable to the HVAC.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #22526
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Nothing serious, the deli had something set off the fire alarm. They used a fire extinguisher before the trucks got there.

If there was a hint of smoke, I would have left immediately. There was no smoke, no flame. Burnt popcorn has set off the fire alarms so it is hard to take it too seriously.

Pneumonia is getting better but still there. I got to use a nebulizer for the first time in my life. Always fun with a squirming baby who thinks the hose and stuff is a toy. Round two of steroids to hopefully finish off the nastiness. I just want to be healthy by the time Christmas, and my family gets here.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:51 PM   #22527
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Love is a burning thing
And it makes a fiery ring
Bound by wild desire
I fell into a ring of fire
I fell into a burning ring of fire
I went down, down, down and the flames went higher
And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire
The ring of fire

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hbo6WhbNRsc )

Good morning, everyone! Enjoy the Ides of December! It IS safe to go to the forum today, just in case you were wondering. East India Company's "Royal Breakfast" tea in my cup, and a round of home-made flat bread (I cooked it on the bottom of an upside down wok!) spread with a mix of za'atar and olive oil to break my fast. Rainy Saturday, but thank goodness it's warmed up a bit. I was beginning to think the roads were going to start getting too cold for safe riding. 11°c out and it should get even warmer later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
That's one advantage of living in 'Earthquake Central.' Everything of importance is in our 'bug-out bags.' Just grab 'em and run! Passports, money, spare credit cards, sweater, gloves, socks, hat, medicines... even some food and a hex-stove to heat it up! Other survival stuff inside too. Spare boots tied to the outside. One bag for me and one for my wife, kept right beside the bed 24/7. Just medium sized rucksacks, but it can keep us comfortable for a couple of days.

Stitchawl
Old 12-14-2012, 07:05 PM   #22528
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
doesn't that make you bed kinda lumpy?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:08 PM   #22529
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
doesn't that make you bed kinda lumpy?
You ever try to make a floor lumpy? I think I'd be thrilled with the possibility of it being softer! Japanese 'futon' aren't like the ones sold in the US. Futon translates to 'quilt.' When we visit my in-laws, they layer four futons for me...

Stitchawl
Old 12-14-2012, 08:48 PM   #22530
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
You ever try to make a floor lumpy? I think I'd be thrilled with the possibility of it being softer! Japanese 'futon' aren't like the ones sold in the US. Futon translates to 'quilt.' When we visit my in-laws, they layer four futons for me...

Stitchawl
I know about you sleeping on the futons. when you say your kit is under your bed, I would think that would make it lumpy (it looses the humour when you have to explain the joke)
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?