Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 11-13-2010, 09:47 AM   #1
notsure
Zealot
notsure has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-350
Sony PRS-505 SC w/ Cover and Separate Wedge Light Cover in Canada

Don't know if this is an appropriate post for this forum but I want to sell my used Sony PRS-505 SC w/ Cover and Separate Wedge Light Cover - I just don't want to sell it here (i.e. I'm only going to sell it to someone local who will pick-it up). I'm here because I would like to know what people think would be a fair price for it in Canada?

I have a few people interested in it and while I don't want to give it away, I don't want to take advantage of them either.

I've researched a few listings on some online services and the prices I've seen are much too high (for a few dollars more than they are asking you could get a new PRS-350).

Apologies if this is the wrong forum.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by notsure; 12-03-2010 at 02:05 PM.
notsure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 12:22 PM   #2
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
I think it's about availability. I could be wrong but I think prices are driven up in part because of international buyers from countries where the product isn't available (at least not at the same prices we see in the States).

Given you want to do a local sale, this may reduce what you can get.

btw - The 350 is not a consideration for some, like myself, who need/prefer a 6 inch screen. My friend bought new 300's for his family when they were on sale at Target for $75 (USD). But he quickly decided that he and his wife needed larger screens and was willing to pay more for a used 505.

Last edited by Boston; 11-13-2010 at 12:30 PM.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2010, 03:28 PM   #3
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
175CAD would have got me interested, but now the new Sony readers are out you have to pitch well below those I would have thought.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote