Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-15-2018, 01:46 PM   #26896
CRussel
Grand Sorcerer
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage,Kindle PW, Fire HD 8.9, Fire HD8
Sounds like a good recommendation for our April It's All Relative theme, gmw.
CRussel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2018, 07:25 PM   #26897
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Sounds like a good recommendation for our April It's All Relative theme, gmw.
Yes, that is a possibility. The story fits that theme on multiple fronts.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 08:24 PM   #26898
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Searching ...
Read the novella All Systems Red by Martha Wells. Apparently, this will be a series with more installments expected this year. I liked the theme and the writing was witty and precise. Lots of android introspection but not enough to throw me out of the story. This wasn't bad at all. Rated B- [4 stars].
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:40 AM   #26899
cobrax3
cobrax3 began at the beginning.

Device: PW1
Allastair Reynolds - Merlin's gun was latest one for me
cobrax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:44 AM   #26900
CRussel
Grand Sorcerer
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
I seem to be a bit behind here, and worse, the Olympics are interfering with progress! So, I finished Into the Fire, which was good, but perhaps not quite at the top of her game. Still, an author I am always willing to read on release day.

Currently reading the second book in the WWW trilogy from Robert J. Sawyer. Not going as well as the first, I think I'm getting tired of the main character. OTOH, it's not going _badly_, just not as well as the first book. Perhaps a bit of middle-book-of-the-trilogy blahs. The third is available at the library, so I'll likely read it just to finish things off.
Finished. Doing a quick re-read of Passing, the New Leaf Book Club book for this month to remind myself of the details, and then on to book three of the WWW trilogy from Robert J. Sawyer, Wonder.
Old Yesterday, 08:47 AM   #26901
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Yotaphone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Next up: Neogenesis by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller

(And I'm still reading the Analog)
And I also (unusually) started another book - Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton. I got this on offer last year for £0.49.

However, I find the style and predictable disaster-movie plot too dull, despite the great idea at the heart of it. Abandoned.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:14 PM   #26902
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Just finished the Annotated Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen. As is the case with many classics, the description of the book leaves me uninterested but I enjoyed the book itself.

I am three chapters into Pride and Prometheus by John Kessel, a sequel to Pride and Prejudice. Mary Bennett, verging on spinsterhood, meets the enigmatic Victor Frankenstein. The chapters alternate between Mary, Victor, and the Creature. Very good so far, as I would expect from Kessel.

Last edited by BenG; Yesterday at 02:20 PM.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:48 PM   #26903
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S7 Edge and Galaxy Tab 4 7.0
Finished Warcross by Marie Lu. Very entertaining contemporary Sci-Fi. I'll be interested in reading a sequel if it ever comes out.

Speaking of sequels fresh out, I have the third "Disrupted Magic" book recently published and Vatta's Peace on the shortlist, but I also want to read a book by Dave Mustaine and I should start The Old Man and the Sea for the New Leaf Book Club soon...
Dngrsone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:17 PM   #26904
CRussel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dngrsone View Post
... and I should start The Old Man and the Sea for the New Leaf Book Club soon...
It's short. You'll devour it. Or at least, I did. I'm holding off until right before the discussion, since I've already read it in the last few years, so just want to refresh my memory.