Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-09-2018, 09:32 AM   #436
ApK
What did you call me?
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I've only just started experimenting with the rice cooker function. Based on my initial results, I would suggest using slightly less liquid than the rice would call for on the stove top, maybe 25% less. As long as that liquid is a half a cup or more, you should be fine in the IP.
Cook right in the pot.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2018, 01:10 PM   #437
Gardenman
Evangelist
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, iRiver Story HD - Gave to Wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
I've only just started experimenting with the rice cooker function. Based on my initial results, I would suggest using slightly less liquid than the rice would call for on the stove top, maybe 25% less. As long as that liquid is a half a cup or more, you should be fine in the IP.
Cook right in the pot.
When I cook rice it always wants to stick on the bottom of the pot. How do you stop that?
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 02:01 PM   #438
ApK
What did you call me?
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardenman View Post
When I cook rice it always wants to stick on the bottom of the pot. How do you stop that?
I've only tried it a couple times so far, but haven't had that problem. The rice mode is supposedly moisture sensor controlled, so theoretically it should stop cooking before the bottom is dry and the rice cooks onto it.

Of course, going by the interwebs, plenty of people eschew the rice mode and set the pressure cooking setting manually for rice, so apparently some folks feel they can do better than the rice mode.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote