Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-28-2017, 07:04 AM   #211
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by supaevensteven View Post
Installed 4.6.9995 OTA and it's misaligned the screen rendering on my Kobo Aura One.

The issue goes away when I factory reset to 4.1.7729.
Why don't you update to the latest FW (4.6.10075) and see if the issue persists?
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 07:53 AM   #212
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Installed 4.6.9995 OTA and it's misaligned the screen rendering on my Kobo Aura One.

The issue goes away when I factory reset to 4.1.7729.

I've performed the update several times and the issue appears back again every time.

I've also tried restarting the device and that's done nothing also.

I've attached before and after pictures to show what I mean. The left side shows a line of pixels not rendering when full screen backgrounds/borders are drawn.

Has anyone else experienced this or know a tweak to some config file I can make to correct this?
This has been discussed earlier in the thread. Or maybe the 4.6.9960 firmware thread. I think it is fixed in the 4.6.10075 release.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 10:08 PM   #213
supaevensteven
supaevensteven began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Thanks for the suggestions, I'm a little wary of trying to sideload the update to 4.6.10075 just yet. Especially so after I read this post warning against it for my device : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=292618

Is there anyone that has successfully updated their Aura One to 4.6.10075 yet?
supaevensteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 10:19 PM   #214
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions, I'm a little wary of trying to sideload the update to 4.6.10075 just yet. Especially so after I read this post warning against it for my device : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=292618

Is there anyone that has successfully updated their Aura One to 4.6.10075 yet?
Yes, with absolutely no problems. But, I don't use KSM or do any sort of patching. That problem is an interaction between KSM and nickel or some other part of the firmware.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 10:52 PM   #215
supaevensteven
supaevensteven began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Yes, with absolutely no problems. But, I don't use KSM or do any sort of patching. That problem is an interaction between KSM and nickel or some other part of the firmware.
Thanks for the fast reply! Yep I'm in the same boat as you, just want it stock with no mods for now.

Did you upgrade your device by sideloading the firmware for kobo6 4.6.10075 linked here?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=292140

Much appreciated!

[edit] Nevermind I found you've already answered the question here : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=70
[/edit]

Last edited by supaevensteven; 11-29-2017 at 11:08 PM.
supaevensteven is offline   Reply With Quote