Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 04-30-2019, 06:34 AM   #91
mva1985
Enthusiast
mva1985 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch Glowlight, Nook HD
It's not that I don't like DropBox but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hofferic View Post
currently this is not planned as it would add a lot of overhead to my backend because of the way I use the Dropbox API to find libraries and show covers. But I may change my mind later if a lot of people dislike dropbox
I actually like to use Mega.nz because my books would be saved there encrypted and the free account allows 50 GBs of storage. That would allow me to upload my whole library!!

I know some other apps can integrate with Mega.nz so they must have some API available.

Thanks for considering
mva1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 08:48 PM   #92
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
I just found this..looks like the perfect thing I need for a couple of people that I help out but is there a way to set the download directory to a folder on my ext sd card instead of the built-in memory?

Thanks

Last edited by gabby98; 05-05-2019 at 12:45 PM.
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2019, 10:19 PM   #93
ralfpeter
ralfpeter began at the beginning.

Device: none
ios alternative?

really love the app (have pro version). easy to use, fast and looks nice. Planning on switching to an iphone soon. does anybody know an equivalent app on ios?
ralfpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 10:28 PM   #94
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfpeter View Post
really love the app (have pro version). easy to use, fast and looks nice. Planning on switching to an iphone soon. does anybody know an equivalent app on ios?
Have a look in the Useful Tools sticky in this forum

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 10:56 AM   #95
ralfpeter
ralfpeter began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Have a look in the Useful Tools sticky in this forum

BR
Thanks, no drobox yet support but maybe soon.
ralfpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2020, 07:57 PM   #96
macallik
macallik began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung s5e
Just stumbled onto this one. I store my calibre files on OneDrive as a backup so perfect integration there for me. I ran into a lot of issues with CC personally so thanks for sharing/creating!
macallik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 11:22 PM   #97
gourd
gourd began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note 2; Moto G7 Power
Hi all, I made an account finally to post here. I've been using CalibreBox and loving it, but in the last couple weeks it has stopped working - my library disappeared. When I try to add my library and choose it in the "Pick a remote Library" option, I get the message "Download failed!" This is happening both on my Moto G7 Power and my Onyx Boox Note. What should I try?
gourd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 05:37 AM   #98
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
It is broken for me also. Not connecting to Dropbox.

Outside of this app, Dropbox is working with calibre companion
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 12:18 AM   #99
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

so, calibrebox is definitely broken now, multiple recent google store reviews suggest it has been that way for 2 -3 weeks.
has anyone been able to contact the author, or do we all delete it and move on ( leaving the still-a-bit-buggy calibre companion as the only working app in the store ?

its obvious from tests and reviews that dropbox ( and maybe also onedrive) has changes how they interface tih apps, this breaking this one.
Old 07-11-2020, 03:21 PM   #100
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Calibrebox is not compatible with Android 10 or cannot connect to Dropbox.
I hope this problem is solved soon by how good this application is. Could anyone communicate with the programmer?
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 12:16 AM   #101
stumped
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
Calibrebox is not compatible with Android 10 or cannot connect to Dropbox.
its the latter- it no longer works with cloud for any android version

programmer is awol. reviews suggest its been broken for weeks now

there is another new entrant in play store - calibre carte. very basic, dropbox only, but its free and it does connect ok on my devices ( i dont have anything that is Android 10 though) !
Old 07-12-2020, 01:55 PM   #102
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post

there is another new entrant in play store - calibre carte. very basic, dropbox only, but its free and it does connect ok on my devices ( i dont have anything that is Android 10 though) !
Thanks for the information !!
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 03:40 PM   #103
gourd
gourd began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note 2; Moto G7 Power
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post

I started using calibre carte after reading about it in this thread. It is no longer working for me (doesn't update). Is anyone else having this problem?
gourd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 03:50 PM   #104
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Why do you need your Calibre library available online while you are out and about? Would you not be better to just put enough eBooks on your device to keep you going?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 10:56 AM   #105
Sitka
Sitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Boox Max 2
FYI, I just installed CalibreBox for the first time on my old Android 7.1.2 and it works fine with my Calibre library on Dropbox.
Contrariwise, I could not get Calibre Companion demo to login properly to Dropbox.
Sitka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, calibre, cloud, dropbox, mobile applications