Notices

Old 10-27-2020, 09:03 AM   #1
Incanus
Incanus
Incanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook T80D
Exclamation Boyue Likebook Mars New Firmware V3.0.0-2020102111 Released

As announced on facebook:
  • Likebook Mars New Version V3.0.0-2020102111 Released.
  1. Solve the problem that exFat format of SD card cannot be recognized;
  2. Reading experience optimization;
  3. Battery consumption optimization;
  4. Optimization of other known bugs.
  • If you have upgraded software to android 8.1 system already, your Mars will received the OTA updatcing reminder after device connected with WIFI.
  • If your software still is android 6.0 system, you also can upgrade it to the newest version manually
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BYMars.jpg
Views:	660
Size:	185.7 KB
ID:	183010  

Last edited by Incanus; 10-27-2020 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Title correction
Incanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 05:18 AM   #2
Techbar
TechnoGeek
Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Likebook Mars, Boox Kepler Pro, InkBook Obsidian
seems to fix a lot of the formatting issues with the inbuilt reader.
Techbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 11:20 AM   #3
seby
seby began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techbar View Post
seems to fix a lot of the formatting issues with the inbuilt reader.
I installed and tested it extensively the whole day yesterday (~5 hours reading, using Moon Reader+ and Perfect Viewer). The battery is now lasting much longer.
seby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 01:44 PM   #4
patientxtr
Enthusiast
patientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it is

Device: Likebook Mars, Kindle 3(sold), Jetbook Lite (gave away)
battery certainly lasts longer
patientxtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 01:52 PM   #5
Incanus
Incanus

Thumbs up Battery on Boyue Likebook Mars After Firmware V3.0.0-2020102111

I'm still on my first week of use.

After charging the device to 100% post firmware update, I've been using KOReader App for more than 3 hours of daily reading, 1 hour of it with backlight on (all wireless antennas off, battery save on).

After three days, battery is now on 65%, which I know is at least 30% better than before de firmware updated.

I'll post later with more solid test data, but so far the battery is indeed behaving much better.
Old 11-04-2020, 07:50 AM   #6
Incanus
Incanus

After 7.5 days of use (all wireless antennas off, battery save on) I totalled 18hrs of reading with KOReader, and an extra hour for Calibre Companion: besides the OS interface to gather battery use data, no other App use whatsoever.

The battery was then by 18% and still had (allegendly) 2 more days of use, but I decided to charge it to 100%.

I am now on my second week of use (again: all wireless antennas off, battery save on) and will report on the device performance here as I gather more info.

Kind regards,
Old 11-12-2020, 06:59 AM   #7
Incanus
Incanus

I'm now well into my second week of use after installing the new firmware with all wireless antennas off, battery save on.

As per battery stats, power is now 36% remaining after 8 days an 2 hours since last full charge, with 11 hours of total read time with KOReader and an extra 10 minutes for Calibre Companion (wireless access): besides the OS interface to gather battery use data, no other App use whatsoever.

It has an estimated 4 days and six hours of remaining power, but I'll probably recharge it again when it reaches 20%; say 2 days from now, most likely.

Again, this stats are way better than before the new firmware; I've also noted that Calibre Companion wireless sync with Calibre is also about 30% faster.

I'll report for a final time on my third use with the new firmware starting from 100% charge.

If anyone else has had a similar or different experience after applying this new firmware, I'd be glad to know about it.

Kind regards,
Old 11-12-2020, 08:07 PM   #8
seby
seby began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incanus View Post
I'm now well into my second week of use after installing the new firmware with all wireless antennas off, battery save on.

As per battery stats, power is now 36% remaining after 8 days an 2 hours since last full charge, with 11 hours of total read time with KOReader and an extra 10 minutes for Calibre Companion (wireless access): besides the OS interface to gather battery use data, no other App use whatsoever.

It has an estimated 4 days and six hours of remaining power, but I'll probably recharge it again when it reaches 20%; say 2 days from now, most likely.

Again, this stats are way better than before the new firmware; I've also noted that Calibre Companion wireless sync with Calibre is also about 30% faster.

I'll report for a final time on my third use with the new firmware starting from 100% charge.

If anyone else has had a similar or different experience after applying this new firmware, I'd be glad to know about it.

Kind regards,
I have very similar results as well. Wireless off, Airplane mode on, I only use MoonReader+ (epub, mobi) and Perfect Viewer (cbr, cbz). After ~15 hours of reading time in a 10 days timeframe, the battery is at 25%. In my case this is better than it was with Android 6, I don't remember my Mars having ever laster more than 1 week without having to recharge it.
seby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 06:41 AM   #9
Incanus
Incanus

Quote:
Originally Posted by seby View Post
I have very similar results as well. Wireless off, Airplane mode on, I only use MoonReader+ (epub, mobi) and Perfect Viewer (cbr, cbz). After ~15 hours of reading time in a 10 days timeframe, the battery is at 25%. In my case this is better than it was with Android 6, I don't remember my Mars having ever laster more than 1 week without having to recharge it.
This is indeed an improvement, specially considering that the Mars is an e-ink multi-core android tablet and not an e-ink reader, per-se.
Old 11-21-2020, 02:38 PM   #10
Incanus
Incanus

I'm now at the end of my third week of use after installing the new firmware with all wireless antennas off, battery save on.

As per battery stats, power is now 21% remaining after 7 days an 10 hours since last full charge, with 19.5 hours of total read time with KOReader and an extra 10 minutes for Calibre Companion (wireless access): besides the OS interface to gather battery use data, no other App use whatsoever.

It has an estimated 2 days of remaining power, but I'll probably recharge it again today when it reaches 20%.

These stats confirm an improvement in battery life for the new firmware as my previous posts and different use scenarios attested: I won't be reporting again on this issue, I daresay.

However, if anyone else has had a similar or different experience after applying this new firmware, I'd still be glad to know about it.

Kind regards,

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk
Old 11-21-2020, 02:55 PM   #11
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incanus View Post
However, if anyone else has had a similar or different experience after applying this new firmware, I'd still be glad to know about it.
I haven't measured, but my impression is that both the Ares and the Alita show a significant reduction in consumption under Android 8.1.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 05:27 PM   #12
Cromedil
Cromedil began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Hello,

I’ve just bought this reader, on first startup I was offered this update.
I’ve done it, but with the changes I can’t find the way to activate Google frameworks
Can someone help me ?

Thanks a lot
Cromedil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 12:25 AM   #13
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Perhaps User Settings > User Settings > Enable Google Frame (sic)?
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 11:13 AM   #14
javier5650
javier5650 began at the beginning.

Device: likebook mars
Hello, could someone provide me these firmware version to download. My likebook doesn't update automatically and the link from likebook fb page is not working.
javier5650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 12:38 AM   #15
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
What do you want to do?
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
boyue likebook mars, firmware