Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-05-2010, 02:56 PM   #1
deborakaye
deborakaye doesn't litterdeborakaye doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Question Calibre & Kindle DX Collections

I have all my Kindle DX books in collections. However, Calibre only shows mobi or prc books in my collections. All AZW, AZW1, and TPZ do NOT show up in collections on Calibre, although they are in the same collections as my mobi & prc books.

Shouldn't all the books be showing that they're in collections?

I'm running Calibre 0.7.12. (But this happened in all the earlier versions, too.)

I have a white DX Global with 2029 ebooks on it. I also changed all the names to include series and number.

Thanks anyone for your help.

Debbie Bailey
deborakaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:02 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
book sent to the kindle by amazon wirelessly wont show up in collections in calibre
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2010, 03:08 PM   #3
deborakaye

Wow!

Kovid,

Thanks for the fast reply! That might explain some of them, but lately I've been downloading to my computer first, changing the title in calibre, and sending them through Calibre to my DX.

I've done about 50 books that way and they don't show up in collections either.

Again, thanks for the help.

Debbie Bailey
Old 08-05-2010, 03:11 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
it will still apply to those books (basically the kindle uses internal metadata (an ASIN number) instead of file names to key collections for books from amazon. calibre currently only display collections for books keyed by path
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:13 PM   #5
deborakaye

Thanks again.

I'll just stop worrying about it then.

Debbie Bailey
Advert