Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-30-2010, 06:51 PM   #1
npudar
npudar began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Diamond Age - "Page Error"

I just bought "Diamond Age" by Neal Stephenson at the eReader Store. When I try to open the book on my PRS-600, it does not open, and the only thing that shows is street-sign looking icon of an exclamation point inside a triangle, with the words "Page Error" beneath it. There is no other info available.

I am able to read the book on my computer in the Reader Library application, but not on the eReader itself. (Other books open fine in the eReader.)

I did delete it from the Library, and then forced a new download, but I get the exact same error message.

Any suggestions as to what may be going on, or what I can do differently?

Thanks,
Nick
npudar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:23 PM   #2
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
It sometimes happens with ePubs, I don't know why (I think either cover-art problem or code Sony can't read). My solution is to use Calibre to convert the original epub to a new epub, this has always solved it for me. However, if your ebook has DRM (which I expect it does) you probably have to free it from the DRM before you can convert it.

Also, send an email the the store telling them about the problem.

Good luck!
Bianca
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert